Error Message trying to run LO Calc

Patrick Kariuki Patrick Kariuki

Error Message trying to run LO Calc

Our revenue service provides us with a .ODS file to file our returns
for those running Linux or open-source spreadsheet software. It always
generates an error when it has to finally generate a n uploadable
file.

Is there a developer here who can assist troubleshoot the issue?

Dave Howorth Dave Howorth

Re: Error Message trying to run LO Calc

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 12:24:03 +0300
Patrick Kariuki <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Our revenue service provides us with a .ODS file to file our returns
> for those running Linux or open-source spreadsheet software. It always
> generates an error when it has to finally generate a n uploadable
> file.
>
> Is there a developer here who can assist troubleshoot the issue?

Maybe if you stated which revenue service it is, and exactly what the
error message is it might provide enough information to get started
helping you? Later, copies of the actual data files might well be
helpful.

Patrick Kariuki Patrick Kariuki

Re: Error Message trying to run LO Calc

Will share the details privately since the file might be proprietary
information (just to be on the safe side)

On 3/11/20, Dave Howorth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 12:24:03 +0300
> Patrick Kariuki <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Our revenue service provides us with a .ODS file to file our returns
>> for those running Linux or open-source spreadsheet software. It always
>> generates an error when it has to finally generate a n uploadable
>> file.
>>
>> Is there a developer here who can assist troubleshoot the issue?
>
> Maybe if you stated which revenue service it is, and exactly what the
> error message is it might provide enough information to get started
> helping you? Later, copies of the actual data files might well be
> helpful.

Dave Howorth Dave Howorth

Re: Error Message trying to run LO Calc

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 14:34:36 +0300
Patrick Kariuki <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Will share the details privately since the file might be proprietary
> information (just to be on the safe side)

Thanks.
(a) please don't send private copies of your replies to me - I am
subscribed to the list
(b) I doubt I'll be able to help you but as I said I doubt anybody will
be able to help unless you state the actual error message you're seeing.

PS personally I'm not going to click on a link and enable javascript
to download a file, let alone load the downloaded file into LO and
enable macros. I can be just as paranoid as you :)

FWIW, in private email you said "Click Next or move to the Last tab
then Validate, that's where the error pop ups." That suggests to me
that the error is in macro code that runs when you click Validate. You
might want to extract that code and look for problems, but unless you
tell us the error message as well as post that code, nobody can help
you.

> On 3/11/20, Dave Howorth <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 12:24:03 +0300
> > Patrick Kariuki <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Our revenue service provides us with a .ODS file to file our
> >> returns for those running Linux or open-source spreadsheet
> >> software. It always generates an error when it has to finally
> >> generate a n uploadable file.
> >>
> >> Is there a developer here who can assist troubleshoot the issue?
> >
> > Maybe if you stated which revenue service it is, and exactly what
> > the error message is it might provide enough information to get
> > started helping you? Later, copies of the actual data files might
> > well be helpful.

Patrick Kariuki Patrick Kariuki

Re: Error Message trying to run LO Calc

Apologies.

I've posted a screenshot of the error I'm getting on LibreOffice
6.2.8.2 - here - https://imgur.com/a/tpDocIu

BASIC runtime error.
An exception occurred
Type: com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException