Error in date field with diferent language - lowriter - docx

edu.corr84 edu.corr84

Error in date field with diferent language - lowriter - docx

Hi all,

I use LO-Writer with the default language (English), so when I write in another language (Spanish), I insert the date field with the specific language, so far so good. But If I save the file with extension docx, I close it and open it again, the date field is in English.

It is a bug I think.

Thanks,
Eduardo.
TomD TomD

Re: Error in date field with diferent language - lowriter - docx

Hi :)
DocX is a notoriously unreliable format.  It's a Microsoft Format and MS
formats have often been compromised and used to spread malware.  Best to
avoid storing documents in MS formats!  Each different version of MS Office
has a different "transitional" version of the format.

It is usually best to save in ODF (=Open Document Format), which is Odt for
text-based documents.

ODF formats can be used by many different programs, unlike MS formats which
often have trouble even being read by the one program they are designed
for.