Exponential Power and Square Root Notations in Calc Formulae

VinceB VinceB

Exponential Power and Square Root Notations in Calc Formulae

Hi:

LO: Version: 6.4.6.2 (x64) Build ID:
0ce51a4fd21bff07a5c061082cc82c5ed232f115

Windows10 x64 Home

I am working with the Law of Sines and the Law of Cosines, and need to
use formulas within Calc that include exponential powers.

So, how is:

 1.

    n Squared

 2.

    A = *sin*^*-1* **[ a*sin(B) / b ]

 3.

    Square Root of n

written in Calc formulas notation?

TIA.

VinceB.

Brian Barker Brian Barker

Re: Exponential Power and Square Root Notations in Calc Formulae

At 17:23 24/09/2020 -0400, Vince Bonly wrote:
>LO: Version: 6.4.6.2 ...
>I am working with the Law of Sines and the Law of Cosines, and need
>to use formulas within Calc that include exponential powers. So, how
>is [...] written in Calc formulas notation?
>1. n Squared

See Lesson One in "How to use a spreadsheet program" - or perhaps
Lesson One in Elementary Mathematics.

>2. A = *sin*^*-1* **[ a*sin(B) / b ]

Impossible. First, most of those asterisks make no sense. And the
sine function makes no sense without any argument. Or do you mean
what is in square brackets (stripped of some asterisks) to be the
argument of the arcsine function?

>3. Square Root of n

See "square root" in the built-in help text. Or perhaps search
https://help.libreoffice.org/6.2/en-GB/text/scalc/main0000.html . Or
possibly see the answer to 1.

Brian Barker