Exporting .pdf

Spleen Spleen

Exporting .pdf

Dear all,

I'm new here and don't really know if this is the correct way of looking
for help.

I'm having troubles with exporting pdf from a .doc file. It only happens
with Gudea font and only with the letter 'à': this is simple not visible
in the pdf.

Do you know a way to fix this? I use LibreOffice on Linux Mint 17.3
64bit. Tried to reinstall the font but the problem remains.

Thanks a lot,

Spleen

Luuk Luuk

Re: Exporting .pdf

On 11-8-2018 22:00, Spleen wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm new here and don't really know if this is the correct way of looking
> for help.
>
> I'm having troubles with exporting pdf from a .doc file. It only happens
> with Gudea font and only with the letter 'à': this is simple not visible
> in the pdf.
>
> Do you know a way to fix this? I use LibreOffice on Linux Mint 17.3
> 64bit. Tried to reinstall the font but the problem remains.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Spleen

I found the gudea font here:
https://fonts2u.com/gudea.font

When i create a document with the next letters:

éèë

óòö

áàä

íìï

úùü

And export it to PDF, i do see something like the above,
but the 'o' and 'a' line (second and thirg line) is empty.

Must have to do something with the font?
I'm on Windows 10 with LO 6.0.6.2

éèë óòö áàä íìï úùü

Windows7 / LibreOffice  3.3 330m19(Build:6)
steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Exporting .pdf

On 12/08/18 08:28, Luuk wrote:

> On 11-8-2018 22:00, Spleen wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I'm new here and don't really know if this is the correct way of looking
>> for help.
>>
>> I'm having troubles with exporting pdf from a .doc file. It only happens
>> with Gudea font and only with the letter 'à': this is simple not visible
>> in the pdf.
>>
>> Do you know a way to fix this? I use LibreOffice on Linux Mint 17.3
>> 64bit. Tried to reinstall the font but the problem remains.
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>>
>> Spleen
>>

> I found the gudea font here:
> https://fonts2u.com/gudea.font
>
> When i create a document with the next letters:
>
> éèë
>
> óòö
>
> áàä
>
> íìï
>
> úùü
>

> And export it to PDF, i do see something like the above,
> but the 'o' and 'a' line (second and thirg line) is empty.
>
> Must have to do something with the font?
> I'm on Windows 10 with LO 6.0.6.2
>

> éèë óòö áàä íìï úùü

You do not see the letters, but if you copy the blank part where the
letters would be and paste into a document, the letters are selected. I
also get this warning when opening the font in FontForge (and a lot more
lines).

The letters are produced in the PDF OK with Arial.

Itilde's SEAC-like endchar operator is depreciated for Type2
Jcircumflex's SEAC-like endchar operator is depreciated for Type2
nacute's SEAC-like endchar operator is depreciated for Type2
kcedilla's SEAC-like endchar operator is depreciated for Type2
rcommaaccent's SEAC-like endchar operator is depreciated for Type2

Steve

Spleen Spleen

Re: Exporting .pdf

Il 12/08/2018 05:15, Steve Edmonds ha scritto:

> On 12/08/18 08:28, Luuk wrote:
>> When i create a document with the next letters:
>>
>> éèë
>>
>> óòö
>>
>> áàä
>>
>> And export it to PDF, i do see something like the above,
>> but the 'o' and 'a' line (second and thirg line) is empty.
in my case the 'ä' works
> You do not see the letters, but if you copy the blank part where the
> letters would be and paste into a document, the letters are selected.
exactly, I was going to add this.

> I also get this warning when opening the font in FontForge (and a lot
> more lines).
>
> The letters are produced in the PDF OK with Arial.
>
> Itilde's SEAC-like endchar operator is depreciated for Type2
> Jcircumflex's SEAC-like endchar operator is depreciated for Type2
> nacute's SEAC-like endchar operator is depreciated for Type2
> kcedilla's SEAC-like endchar operator is depreciated for Type2
> rcommaaccent's SEAC-like endchar operator is depreciated for Type2
so... does it mean we have no alternatives of using another font?
A.

On 12/08/18 20:26, Spleen wrote:

> Il 12/08/2018 05:15, Steve Edmonds ha scritto:
>>
>> On 12/08/18 08:28, Luuk wrote:
>>> When i create a document with the next letters:
>>>
>>> éèë
>>>
>>> óòö
>>>
>>> áàä
>>>
>>> And export it to PDF, i do see something like the above,
>>> but the 'o' and 'a' line (second and thirg line) is empty.
> in my case the 'ä' works
>> You do not see the letters, but if you copy the blank part where the
>> letters would be and paste into a document, the letters are selected.
> exactly, I was going to add this.
>> I also get this warning when opening the font in FontForge (and a lot
>> more lines).
>>
>> The letters are produced in the PDF OK with Arial.
>>
>> Itilde's SEAC-like endchar operator is depreciated for Type2
>> Jcircumflex's SEAC-like endchar operator is depreciated for Type2
>> nacute's SEAC-like endchar operator is depreciated for Type2
>> kcedilla's SEAC-like endchar operator is depreciated for Type2
>> rcommaaccent's SEAC-like endchar operator is depreciated for Type2
> so... does it mean we have no alternatives of using another font?
> A.

I tried 5 other fonts and they were all ok. So I am assuming Gudea has
some sort of bug
steve

Spleen Spleen

Re: Exporting .pdf

Il 12/08/2018 21:40, Steve Edmonds ha scritto:
> I tried 5 other fonts and they were all ok. So I am assuming Gudea has
> some sort of bug
yes, I guess a bug is the answer.

In the meanwhile I'm using OpenSans, with a -0,5 pt in dimension, only
for those letters (in my case "à") that have problems with pdf.

By the way I tried exporting in .jpeg and everything's fine.

A.

On 14/08/18 21:21, Spleen wrote:

> Il 12/08/2018 21:40, Steve Edmonds ha scritto:
>> I tried 5 other fonts and they were all ok. So I am assuming Gudea has
>> some sort of bug
> yes, I guess a bug is the answer.
>
> In the meanwhile I'm using OpenSans, with a -0,5 pt in dimension, only
> for those letters (in my case "à") that have problems with pdf.
>
> By the way I tried exporting in .jpeg and everything's fine.
>
> A.
My font editor tells me there are errors in the a number of characters,
including the ones you are interested in, so possibly that is preventing
rendering in the PDF.