Failure: repeated attempts to unsubscibe

am497 am497

Failure: repeated attempts to unsubscibe

Hi all, I've attempted to unsubscribe my father repeatedly, following the
instructions at the bottom of each email -to no avail. Message says there
is no user called "[hidden email]".

My father has died. I'd appreciate assistance with his removal from this
list. Thanks!

Kathleen, Bill's daughter.

Cley Faye Cley Faye

Re: Failure: repeated attempts to unsubscibe

> Hi all, I've attempted to unsubscribe my father repeatedly, following the
> instructions at the bottom of each email -to no avail. Message says there
> is no user called "[hidden email]".

​Hi,

You have to send an email to the following address:
[hidden email]

You need the whole users+unsubscribe. Pay extra attention to the plus sign,
and make sure your email client isn't interpreting it as something else,
but really send the email to that exact address.​

TomD TomD

Re: Failure: repeated attempts to unsubscibe

The "user+" bit at the front sometimes looks like it's not part of the
address but it's fairly important.

I'm really sorry Bill has gone.  I met him 3 1/2 years ago on the Evolution
mailing list when he was new to Open Source and Free(dom) Software but he
rarely posted here.

I've forwarded this email to the postmaster here, hopefully still Florian,
to see if they can unsubscribe you.

Best wishes and many regards from
a Tom :)

On 6 June 2018 at 15:42, Cley Faye <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Hi all, I've attempted to unsubscribe my father repeatedly, following the
> > instructions at the bottom of each email -to no avail. Message says there
> > is no user called "[hidden email]".
> >

> ​Hi,
>
> You have to send an email to the following address:
> [hidden email]
>
> You need the whole users+unsubscribe. Pay extra attention to the plus sign,
> and make sure your email client isn't interpreting it as something else,
> but really send the email to that exact address.​

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Failure: repeated attempts to unsubscibe

Hi, out of interest.
Does this need to be sent from the mail account registered on the list
(i.e. From: Steve Edmonds <[hidden email]>).
Can I remove a person from the list by sending an email structured with
their email address in the From: part of the email.
Steve

TomD TomD

Re: Failure: repeated attempts to unsubscibe

Hi :)
Probably.  If you have problems contact;

a Tom :)

On 6 June 2018 at 20:47, Steve Edmonds <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, out of interest.
> Does this need to be sent from the mail account registered on the list
> (i.e. From: Steve Edmonds <[hidden email]>).
> Can I remove a person from the list by sending an email structured with
> their email address in the From: part of the email.
> Steve
>

> On 07/06/18 03:12, Tom Davies wrote:
>
>> Hi :)
>> The "user+" bit at the front sometimes looks like it's not part of the
>> address but it's fairly important.
>>
>> I'm really sorry Bill has gone.  I met him 3 1/2 years ago on the
>> Evolution
>> mailing list when he was new to Open Source and Free(dom) Software but he
>> rarely posted here.
>>
>> I've forwarded this email to the postmaster here, hopefully still Florian,
>> to see if they can unsubscribe you.
>>
>> Best wishes and many regards from
>> a Tom :)
>>

>> On 6 June 2018 at 15:42, Cley Faye <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Hi all, I've attempted to unsubscribe my father repeatedly, following the

>>> You have to send an email to the following address:
>>> [hidden email]
>>>
>>> You need the whole users+unsubscribe. Pay extra attention to the plus
>>> sign,
>>> and make sure your email client isn't interpreting it as something else,
>>> but really send the email to that exact address.​

dekkzz78 dekkzz78

Re: Re: [libreoffice-users] Failure: repeated attempts to unsubscibe

On 06/06, Cley Faye wrote:

>> Hi all, I've attempted to unsubscribe my father repeatedly, following the
>> instructions at the bottom of each email -to no avail. Message says there
>> is no user called "[hidden email]".
>>

>​Hi,
>
>You have to send an email to the following address:
>[hidden email]
>
>You need the whole users+unsubscribe. Pay extra attention to the plus sign,
>and make sure your email client isn't interpreting it as something else,
>but really send the email to that exact address.​

Might the problem be the OP can't send the user+unsubscribe from subscribed email address?

--
regards.....

Thinkpad T60p 2.33Ghz 2GB SXGA+

Jabber IM: [hidden email]