Fatal error

Thomas Blasejewicz Thomas Blasejewicz

Fatal error

Good evening
The other day I was inquiring about a solution to a really stupid font
related behavior
(cannot copy text in identical front from Writer to Calc).

One was to update from that verson = 3.4.5 to 3.5 or 3.6
Well, I downloaded 3.6 and today installed that.
Choice: standard installation.

When I try to start LO, I get a bunch of error messages like
"Unhandled exception
Invalid Registry Exception"
close that window, the following pops up:
"Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3.6\program\soffice.bin"

The progrom will not start at all now. (This is not helpful at all!)
This has never happened before.

I tried restarting the computer,
uninstalling LO
reinstalling LO

The result is always the same.

Is there anything that I can do?
Thank you
Thomas

Manfred J. Krause Manfred J. Krause

Re: Fatal error

Hi Thomas,

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:

> Good evening
> The other day I was inquiring about a solution to a really stupid font
> related behavior
> (cannot copy text in identical front from Writer to Calc).
>
> One was to update from that verson = 3.4.5 to 3.5 or 3.6
> Well, I downloaded 3.6 and today installed that.
> Choice: standard installation.
>
> When I try to start LO, I get a bunch of error messages like
> "Unhandled exception
> Invalid Registry Exception"
> close that window, the following pops up:
> "Runtime Error!
> Program: C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3.6\program\soffice.bin"
>
> The progrom will not start at all now. (This is not helpful at all!)
> This has never happened before.
>
> I tried restarting the computer,
> uninstalling LO
> reinstalling LO
>
> The result is always the same.
>
> Is there anything that I can do?

Please have a look at "Fatal Error Unhandled Exception..."
http://ask.libreoffice.org/question/4768/fatal-error-unhandled-exception/

Hope this helps
mjk

--
3.6 New Features and Fixes
https://www.libreoffice.org/download/3-6-new-features-and-fixes/

3.6 Most annoying bugs
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.6#Most_annoying_bugs

odfman odfman

Re: Fatal error

This problem is really unfortunate.  I experienced this issue and was able
to follow the procedures that I had found previously to install the
software on my Win 64bit machine.  However users of this software should
never see this issue.  It needs to be fixed quickly.  I cannot recommend
installing this version until the software installs smoothly and easily on
Windows.

Mike

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Manfred J. Krause <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
> > Good evening
> > The other day I was inquiring about a solution to a really stupid font
> > related behavior
> > (cannot copy text in identical front from Writer to Calc).
> >
> > One was to update from that verson = 3.4.5 to 3.5 or 3.6
> > Well, I downloaded 3.6 and today installed that.
> > Choice: standard installation.
> >
> > When I try to start LO, I get a bunch of error messages like
> > "Unhandled exception
> > Invalid Registry Exception"
> > close that window, the following pops up:
> > "Runtime Error!
> > Program: C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3.6\program\soffice.bin"
> >
> > The progrom will not start at all now. (This is not helpful at all!)
> > This has never happened before.
> >
> > I tried restarting the computer,
> > uninstalling LO
> > reinstalling LO
> >
> > The result is always the same.
> >
> > Is there anything that I can do?
>
> Please have a look at "Fatal Error Unhandled Exception..."
> →
> http://ask.libreoffice.org/question/4768/fatal-error-unhandled-exception/
>
> Hope this helps
> mjk
>
> --
> 3.6 New Features and Fixes
> https://www.libreoffice.org/download/3-6-new-features-and-fixes/
>
> 3.6 Most annoying bugs
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.6#Most_annoying_bugs

Manfred J. Krause Manfred J. Krause

Re: Fatal error

Hi Mike,

That bug has been fixed in LibreOffice 3.6.1 RC1/RC2.

mjk

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Michael Manning wrote:

> This problem is really unfortunate.  I experienced this issue and was able
> to follow the procedures that I had found previously to install the software
> on my Win 64bit machine.  However users of this software should never see
> this issue.  It needs to be fixed quickly.  I cannot recommend installing
> this version until the software installs smoothly and easily on Windows.
>

> On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Manfred J. Krause wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
>> > [...]
>> > When I try to start LO, I get a bunch of error messages like
>> > "Unhandled exception
>> > Invalid Registry Exception"
>> > close that window, the following pops up:
>> > "Runtime Error!
>> > Program: C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3.6\program\soffice.bin" [...]
>> >

>> Please have a look at "Fatal Error Unhandled Exception..."
>> →
>> http://ask.libreoffice.org/question/4768/fatal-error-unhandled-exception/

--
Releases/3.6.1/RC1
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Releases/3.6.1/RC1

Releases/3.6.1/RC2
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Releases/3.6.1/RC2

Manfred J. Krause Manfred J. Krause

Fwd: [libreoffice-users] Fatal error

Renaming the "extensions" folder worked.