Fedora 33 and lowriter?

Jeffrey Walton Jeffrey Walton

Fedora 33 and lowriter?

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to load some programs and scripts on a Fedora 33 laptop.
When I attempt to run one of my scripts it says "lowriter: command not
found".

I searched dnf but I could not find the package for lowriter.

What package needs to be installed for lowriter on Fedora 33?

Ade Malsasa Akbar Ade Malsasa Akbar

Re: Fedora 33 and lowriter?

Perhaps the script assumes that your LibreOffice Writer's command is
'lowriter' while the correct command is 'soffice --writer' or so.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 10:21 AM Ade Malsasa Akbar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Perhaps the script assumes that your LibreOffice Writer's command is
> 'lowriter' while the correct command is 'soffice --writer' or so.

Thanks.

I believe the reference I used was
https://www.libreofficehelp.com/batch-convert-writer-documents-pdf-libreoffice/
or https://vitux.com/convert-documents-to-pdf-on-the-debian-command-line/.
Both links were colored as visited.

I'm going to wipe Fedora and install Ubuntu. I really like Fedora, but
Fedora machines are mostly useless as an interactive machine because
there is no desktop. Who thought it was a good idea to put a big
picture there and not allow someone to interact with it (like saving
files and folders to it).

Jeff

John-11 John-11

Re: Fedora 33 and lowriter?

Try searching as:

dnf search libreoffice

dnf doesn't find anything if you search as "lo" or "lowriter"

Regards,

John