File Explorer – Day-week-month search for Libre files

charles meyer charles meyer

File Explorer – Day-week-month search for Libre files

Hi my esteemed list mates,

I’d like to be able to search in Windows 10 File Explorer for Libre Writer
and Calc files by day – wee – month.

On my work PC it was set up so when I open File Explorer there is a Date
modified icon on the taskbar with a graphic of  a calendar.

When you click on it, a drop-down menu appears displaying:

Today

Yesterday

This Week

This Month

Last Month

This Year

Last year

I’ve Googled this and none of the results explain how one creates this Date
modified icon on the taskbar.

Does anyone recall how they created that in their File Explorer?

Thank you!

Brian Barker Brian Barker

Re: File Explorer – Day-week-month search for Libre files

At 17:14 23/02/2021 -0500, Charles Meyer wrote:

>I'd like to be able to search in Windows 10 File
>Explorer for Libre Writer and Calc files by day
>­ wee ­ month. On my work PC it was set up so
>when I open File Explorer there is a Date
>modified icon on the taskbar with a graphic of a
>calendar. When you click on it, a drop-down menu
>appears displaying: Today Yesterday This Week
>This Month Last Month This Year Last year I've
>Googled this and none of the results explain how
>one creates this Date modified icon on the
>taskbar. Does anyone recall how they created that in their File Explorer?

Some facilities were apparently removed in
version 1909 of Windows 10. The best you can do
now is to start a search, whereupon the Search
tab will appear in the ribbon, including a "Date
modified" icon. If you click that, you will see a
limited set of date possibilities: Today, "This month", "Last year", etc.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Luuk Luuk

On 23-2-2021 23:14, charles meyer wrote:

> Hi my esteemed list mates,
>

> I’d like to be able to search in Windows 10 File Explorer for Libre Writer
> and Calc files by day – wee – month.
>

> On my work PC it was set up so when I open File Explorer there is a Date
> modified icon on the taskbar with a graphic of  a calendar.
>

> When you click on it, a drop-down menu appears displaying:
>
> Today
>
> Yesterday
>
> This Week
>
> This Month
>
> Last Month
>
> This Year
>
> Last year
>

> I’ve Googled this and none of the results explain how one creates this Date
> modified icon on the taskbar.
>

> Does anyone recall how they created that in their File Explorer?
>

> Thank you!

Are you referring to the functionality described here:

Windows 10 tip: Search for any file by date | ZDNet
<https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-search-for-any-file-by-date/>

I just notice that searching in File  Explorer with something like
"datemodified:this week" is not working anymore 😥

Did Microsoft change this 'on purpose' or .......😕

Windows10 / LibreOffice  (latest?)
Luuk Luuk

Re: File Explorer – Day-week-month search for Libre files

<http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/file/t331143/LastModifiedCalendar.png>

Clicking just right of 'Date modified' still shows a calendar .... (I admit
never seen that calendar before....)

-----

Brian Barker Brian Barker

At 00:41 24/02/2021 -0700, Luuk Noname wrote:
><http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/file/t331143/LastModifiedCalendar.png>
>

>Clicking just right of 'Date modified' still shows a calendar ....
>(I admit never seen that calendar before....)

I tried that a few hours ago (before I wrote) and it wouldn't show;
now it does! Weird.

Brian Barker