File could not be written?

PDA1 PDA1

File could not be written?

Tom Tom

Re: File could not be written?

Hi :)
Try changing the name of the file slightly?  I tend to add "v1" to the end of a file-name and gradually step that up; v2, v3 and so on.  Every so often if i am reasonably sure i wont need earlier versions i delete a load of them and take the v number off the end.

Does your disk think it's full?  Are you trying to save to a protected folder or one that you don't have permissions to save to?  Can you save a non-LibreOffice file in the same folder?

Re: File could not be written?

On 02/22/2012 04:09 PM, Tom Davies wrote:Hi :)Try changing the name of the file slightly? I tend to add
      "v1" to the end of a file-name and gradually step that up; v2, v3
      and so on. Every so often if i am reasonably sure i wont need
      earlier versions i delete a load of them and take the v number off
      the end.I tried editing/saving the Calc file on a different computer and the
    "save" problem no longer exists.Here's an odd thing- the problem started when I inserted an extra
    sheet in the file for a total of 35 sheets in one file.Before I
    inserted the sheet the file was 1.6 meg in size.After the sheetwas inserted the file increased to 3 meg!The sheet that was
    inserted didn't have any data in it either.Any idea what could cause that problem?Does your disk think it's full?No.The drive is 1 TB with only 2% fullAre you trying to save to a
      protected folder or one that you don't have permissions to save
      to?NoCan you save a non-LibreOffice file
      in the same folder?YesRegards fromTom :)--- On Wed, 22/2/12, .[hidden email]:From: .[hidden email]: [libreoffice-users] File could not be written?To:[hidden email]: Wednesday, 22 February, 2012, 20:30I'm running LibreOffice 3.4.5OOO340m1 (Build:502)On Ubuntu 10.04After inserting a sheet within a Calc file I tried to save the
      file butgot the error message;File Could Not be written.How do I fix the problem?