Find Replace first character broken?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Paul D. Mirowsky Paul D. Mirowsky
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Find Replace first character broken?

LibreOffice Version: 4.4.2.2
Build ID: c4c7d32d0d49397cad38d62472b0bc8acff48dd6
Locale: en_US

Windows 7 Professional SVC Pack 1 on Intel.64 bit.

I had recorded some macro's that I use for file cleaning that went nuts.

Then I noticed that using Find for the first character ^. was only
advancing through each character after finding the the first character.

Can some else confirm?

Thanks



--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
pietervo pietervo
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Find Replace first character broken?

Paul D. Mirowsky wrote:

 > LibreOffice Version: 4.4.2.2
 > Build ID: c4c7d32d0d49397cad38d62472b0bc8acff48dd6
 > Locale: en_US
 >
 > Windows 7 Professional SVC Pack 1 on Intel.64 bit.
 >
 > I had recorded some macro's that I use for file cleaning that went nuts.
 >
 > Then I noticed that using Find for the first character ^. was only
 > advancing through each character after finding the the first character.
 >
 > Can some else confirm?
 >
Your description is not very clear. Do you happen to have 'regular expressions' selected in the Find and Replace dialog?
--
Piet van Oostrum <[hidden email]>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/
PGP key: [8DAE142BE17999C4]

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Paul D. Mirowsky Paul D. Mirowsky
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Find Replace first character broken?

Sorry about the lack of clarity.

I am opening a 'csv' document in Writer.

When using "Find and Replace" with "Regular Expression" checked and
"Search for" using characters "^.".
I click on <Find Next> button.  With cursor on position 1,1 of document,
it finds and highlights the first position character.
The misbehavior begins now.  Clicking on the <Find Next> button
increments to the next character, not the next line 1st position.

I have also discovered that if I "Find and Replace" with "Regular
Expression" checked and "Search for" using characters "^." but have
"Backwards" checked, it works correctly.  That is to say it goes to the
last line in the document, and repeated clicking on <Find Next> button
goes to and highlights the line above at the first character.

I did download "Alternative Find & Replace for Writer v1.4 12/2013".  It
should not effect the standard "Find and Replace". It also behaves as
described above.

The last version it was working in correctly was probably 4.3, but I
really don't know.

Away till Monday, so cannot reply till then.

Thanks

PS: replied to Piet because Brians' was not "reply to list".



On 5/7/2015 10:53 AM, Piet van Oostrum wrote:

> Paul D. Mirowsky wrote:
>
>   > LibreOffice Version: 4.4.2.2
>   > Build ID: c4c7d32d0d49397cad38d62472b0bc8acff48dd6
>   > Locale: en_US
>   >
>   > Windows 7 Professional SVC Pack 1 on Intel.64 bit.
>   >
>   > I had recorded some macro's that I use for file cleaning that went nuts.
>   >
>   > Then I noticed that using Find for the first character ^. was only
>   > advancing through each character after finding the the first character.
>   >
>   > Can some else confirm?
>   >
> Your description is not very clear. Do you happen to have 'regular expressions' selected in the Find and Replace dialog?


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Luuk Luuk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Find Replace first character broken?

On 8-5-2015 16:36, Paul D. Mirowsky wrote:

> Sorry about the lack of clarity.
>
> I am opening a 'csv' document in Writer.
>
> When using "Find and Replace" with "Regular Expression" checked and
> "Search for" using characters "^.".
> I click on <Find Next> button.  With cursor on position 1,1 of document,
> it finds and highlights the first position character.
> The misbehavior begins now.  Clicking on the <Find Next> button
> increments to the next character, not the next line 1st position.
>
> I have also discovered that if I "Find and Replace" with "Regular
> Expression" checked and "Search for" using characters "^." but have
> "Backwards" checked, it works correctly.  That is to say it goes to the
> last line in the document, and repeated clicking on <Find Next> button
> goes to and highlights the line above at the first character.
>
/7/2015 10:53 AM, Piet van Oostrum wrote:
>> Paul D. Mirowsky wrote:
>>
>>   > LibreOffice Version: 4.4.2.2
>>   > Build ID: c4c7d32d0d49397cad38d62472b0bc8acff48dd6
>>   > Locale: en_US
>>   >
>>   > Windows 7 Professional SVC Pack 1 on Intel.64 bit.
>>   >


I can confirm that it does not work on Windows7, version 4.4.2.2

It works correct on Linux, with version 4.1.6.2

After installing 4.4.3.2 on Windows7, i see that this version.....
works correct again!



--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Windows10 / LibreOffice  (latest?)
Paul D. Mirowsky Paul D. Mirowsky
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Find Replace first character broken?

Thanks

On 5/8/2015 1:49 PM, Luuk wrote:

> On 8-5-2015 16:36, Paul D. Mirowsky wrote:
>> Sorry about the lack of clarity.
>>
>> I am opening a 'csv' document in Writer.
>>
>> When using "Find and Replace" with "Regular Expression" checked and
>> "Search for" using characters "^.".
>> I click on <Find Next> button.  With cursor on position 1,1 of document,
>> it finds and highlights the first position character.
>> The misbehavior begins now.  Clicking on the <Find Next> button
>> increments to the next character, not the next line 1st position.
>>
>> I have also discovered that if I "Find and Replace" with "Regular
>> Expression" checked and "Search for" using characters "^." but have
>> "Backwards" checked, it works correctly.  That is to say it goes to the
>> last line in the document, and repeated clicking on <Find Next> button
>> goes to and highlights the line above at the first character.
>>
> /7/2015 10:53 AM, Piet van Oostrum wrote:
>>> Paul D. Mirowsky wrote:
>>>
>>>   > LibreOffice Version: 4.4.2.2
>>>   > Build ID: c4c7d32d0d49397cad38d62472b0bc8acff48dd6
>>>   > Locale: en_US
>>>   >
>>>   > Windows 7 Professional SVC Pack 1 on Intel.64 bit.
>>>   >
>
>
> I can confirm that it does not work on Windows7, version 4.4.2.2
>
> It works correct on Linux, with version 4.1.6.2
>
> After installing 4.4.3.2 on Windows7, i see that this version.....
> works correct again!
>
>
>


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted