Finding the right location for tdf#67990 (Base module)

julien2412 julien2412

Finding the right location for tdf#67990 (Base module)

Hi,

I gave a try to tdf#67990 Combobox: upper-case character is ignored, when there is a word with same lower-case character, to try to find the very moment where the string comparison is done.
After having putting several breaks in
I only retrieved this bt (see https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=114105).

Any idea how to find the right location? (or even better the right location itself)

Julien
Lionel Elie Mamane Lionel Elie Mamane

Re: Finding the right location for tdf#67990 (Base module)

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 07:49:59AM -0700, julien2412 wrote:

> I gave a try to tdf#67990 Combobox: upper-case character is ignored, when
> there is a word with same lower-case character, to try to find the very
> moment where the string comparison is done.
> After having putting several breaks in
> I only retrieved this bt (see
> https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=114105).
>
> Any idea how to find the right location? (or even better the right location
> itself)

I expected it to be something in
toolkit/source/controls/unocontrols.cxx (class UnoComboBoxControl) or
forms/source/component/ComboBox.cxx but from reading these files, I
don't have a good idea...

Ah yes, look at vcl/source/control/combobox.cxx,
void ComboBox::ImplAutocompleteHandler( Edit* pEdit )
looks like a good candidate.

--
Lionel
julien2412 julien2412

[SOLVED] Re: Finding the right location for tdf#67990 (Base module)

On 16/03/2015 12:55, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 07:49:59AM -0700, julien2412 wrote:
>
>> I gave a try to tdf#67990 Combobox: upper-case character is ignored, when
>> there is a word with same lower-case character, to try to find the very
>> moment where the string comparison is done.
>> ..
>> Any idea how to find the right location? (or even better the right location
>> itself)
>
> Ah yes, look at vcl/source/control/combobox.cxx,
> void ComboBox::ImplAutocompleteHandler( Edit* pEdit )
> looks like a good candidate.

Thank you Lionel for the hint! :-)

Julien