Flatpak Libreoffice - opens with "(as superuser)" in title bar

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
atlan atlan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Flatpak Libreoffice - opens with "(as superuser)" in title bar

I'm using Linux Mint 19 (Mate 64 bit)

Using software manager, I removed Libreoffice and then installed the Flatpak
version of it.

It now opens opens with "(as superuser)" in title bar.

I have repeated the install after running:
sudo apt-get remove --purge libreoffice
sudo apt autoremove
sudo apt-get clean sudo apt-get autoremove
- but the result is the same.

I'd be grateful if anyone can tell me how to resolve this.



--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

jorge Rodríguez Fonseca jorge Rodríguez Fonseca
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flatpak Libreoffice - opens with "(as superuser)" in title bar

Hi Atlan:

   GNU / Linux Mint is a branch of Ubuntu. Ubuntu has a similar system
of install option known as Snap. You can find in the web as Snap
Repositories and then search LibreOffice. There you can install coping
the command into the terminal. To remove : sudo snap remove
libreoffice.

   I guess that Flatpak use similar command and it is different to
usuall .deb options. When we install a .deb file we can use the command
apt-get or apt (only), but Flatpak and Snap use different commands
because use different program to manage the installations.

   If you goggleing as : How to uninstall a Flatpak file, you could
find the answer. It would use a command like this: sudo flatpak remove
"package file name"

I hope this help,

Jorge


El vie, 27-07-2018 a las 07:17 -0700, atlan escribió:

> I'm using Linux Mint 19 (Mate 64 bit)
>
> Using software manager, I removed Libreoffice and then installed the
> Flatpak
> version of it.
>
> It now opens opens with "(as superuser)" in title bar.
>
> I have repeated the install after running:
> sudo apt-get remove --purge libreoffice
> sudo apt autoremove
> sudo apt-get clean sudo apt-get autoremove
> - but the result is the same.
>
> I'd be grateful if anyone can tell me how to resolve this.
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.c
> om/Users-f1639498.html
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
atlan atlan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flatpak Libreoffice - opens with "(as superuser)" in title bar


Thanks for your reply,

I was not looking at uninstalling LibreOffice - just want to get the Flatpak
version working without being in superuser mode.

The reason I used the three commands -

(sudo apt-get remove --purge libreoffice
sudo apt autoremove
sudo apt-get clean sudo apt-get autoremove)

- was to attempt to remove the previous repository/non-flatpak version
fully. I did not do that before the first install of the flatpak version and
subsequently wondered if that omission might have been responsible for the
superuser message - but apparently not.

I have also tried removing the Flatpak version using flatpak uninstall
org.libreoffice.LibreOffice/x86_64/stable as well as with the Software
Centre, then rebooting and reinstalling, but am still getting the superuser
notification in the title bar.



--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

jorge Rodríguez Fonseca jorge Rodríguez Fonseca
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flatpak Libreoffice - opens with "(as superuser)" in title bar

I understand now your problem...but what is the difference between
LibreOffice version of Flatpak and Snap version ? Why you prefere
Flatpak version ? I've installed before in other computer the Snap
version and all were well, include I could keep the version .deb that
Ubuntu install by default and the more update version by Snap version,
and both run without problems.

Regards,

Jorge Rodríguez


El vie, 27-07-2018 a las 08:36 -0700, atlan escribió:

> Thanks for your reply,
>
> I was not looking at uninstalling LibreOffice - just want to get the
> Flatpak
> version working without being in superuser mode.
>
> The reason I used the three commands -
>
> (sudo apt-get remove --purge libreoffice
> sudo apt autoremove
> sudo apt-get clean sudo apt-get autoremove)
>
> - was to attempt to remove the previous repository/non-flatpak
> version
> fully. I did not do that before the first install of the flatpak
> version and
> subsequently wondered if that omission might have been responsible
> for the
> superuser message - but apparently not.
>
> I have also tried removing the Flatpak version using flatpak
> uninstall
> org.libreoffice.LibreOffice/x86_64/stable as well as with the
> Software
> Centre, then rebooting and reinstalling, but am still getting the
> superuser
> notification in the title bar.
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.c
> om/Users-f1639498.html
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
atlan atlan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flatpak Libreoffice - opens with "(as superuser)" in title bar

I've never heard of snap and am looking for a solution not a workaround.

I'm using Flatpak because it is installed by default in Mint 19 and there is
loads of Flatpak software in the Mint Software Centre to install with a
single click, which seems a great step forwards to me.




--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

jorge Rodríguez Fonseca jorge Rodríguez Fonseca
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flatpak Libreoffice - opens with "(as superuser)" in title bar

Hi:

        Snap system is a Sandbox way to install now programs in many
GNU / Linux distributions. It was develop by Canonical (Ubuntu) and put
able for all the distributios want to use. It try to solve the problems
of securities because as I understand the software installed by this
way can't access nothing than the place where it is installed. Another
benefits, it is easier to the own or develops of the programs to
prepare software to offer updates to the users (less complicated). It
benefits both sides.

In this links you can find the repositorie of software prepare with
Snap:

https://snapcraft.io/store

and here:

https://snapcraft.io/libreoffice

you can find LibreOffice as snap installation.

Flatpak is other way that born, as I know, as the same time of Snap and
has similar features, but to know what are all the difference between
them, is necessary to googleing because I don't know all of them
although I red a year ago, more less, an articule in the web about this
topic.

If you have problems with the Flatpak installation in GNU / Linux Mint,
why not probe with the Snap option ?

I hope this help,

Jorge Rodríguez


El vie, 27-07-2018 a las 09:45 -0700, atlan escribió:

> I've never heard of snap and am looking for a solution not a
> workaround.
>
> I'm using Flatpak because it is installed by default in Mint 19 and
> there is
> loads of Flatpak software in the Mint Software Centre to install with
> a
> single click, which seems a great step forwards to me.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.c
> om/Users-f1639498.html
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
atlan atlan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flatpak Libreoffice - opens with "(as superuser)" in title bar

Why not snap you ask - I can understand you favouring that solution when you
are familiar with Snap, however I am not. I only discovered the Flatpak
concept a week ago when I stumbled across the Flatpak category in the
Software Manager of a new installation of Mint 19. It took a while to
understand and appreciate what it is and I don't want to give up on it so
quickly. (It did not take me long to appreciate when I found that with a
single click it could install a later version of Handbrake than in the
normal repository, and that could transcode PCM audio which the earlier
version of Handbrake was not detecting)

Additionally, the end product is for someone else who would like to have the
latest versions of software - particularly Writer, but needs the system and
updates to be as simple as possible and so I'd like to avoid using any extra
software sources.

 If Snap was the only solution and Flatpak rubbish then I'd jump at it for
my own use but I've used Mint ever since Ubuntu brought out their abominable
Unity desktop and Mint has been fantastically easy and reliable and I expect
there will be a simple solution without abandoning Flatpak.





--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

sberg sberg
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flatpak Libreoffice - opens with "(as superuser)" in title bar

In reply to this post by atlan
On 27/07/18 16:17, atlan wrote:
> I'm using Linux Mint 19 (Mate 64 bit)
>
> Using software manager, I removed Libreoffice and then installed the Flatpak
> version of it.
>
> It now opens opens with "(as superuser)" in title bar.

Haven't heard of that before.  (But I'm not running Mint; don't see your
issue on other platforms, like Fedora/GNOME.)  This is with LO from
flathub.org, I assume?  If you install some other Flatpak app, does its
window titles get decorated in a similar way?

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
atlan atlan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flatpak Libreoffice - opens with "(as superuser)" in title bar

Hi, It is with LO, installed by going to Software Manager which is part of
Mint, then clicking on Flatpak (which brings up a long list of applications)
and then clicking on LibreOffice. I have also uninstalled LibreOffice-core
in Package Manager, but didn't have to do that.

Do other Flatpak apps show this issue? I thought I had seen it in another
one (almost sure I did) but I've just gone though them now and can't find it
elsewhere. Here are the results:

handbrake   normal
gimp (version 2.10 which has 16 bit!) normal
xiphos  normal but doesn't save settings
libreoffice  superuser
audacity  normal
filezilla   normal
kdenlive   normal
glabels   normal
inkskape   normal
vlc   normal



--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

sberg sberg
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flatpak Libreoffice - opens with "(as superuser)" in title bar

On 31/07/18 16:29, atlan wrote:
> Hi, It is with LO, installed by going to Software Manager which is part of
> Mint, then clicking on Flatpak (which brings up a long list of applications)
> and then clicking on LibreOffice. I have also uninstalled LibreOffice-core
> in Package Manager, but didn't have to do that.
>
> Do other Flatpak apps show this issue? I thought I had seen it in another
> one (almost sure I did) but I've just gone though them now and can't find it
> elsewhere. Here are the results:

Sorry, still no idea.  Searching through the LO sources (both master and
libreoffice-6-0), I see no mention of "superuser" that could cause "(as
superuser)" to be added to window titles.

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
atlan atlan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flatpak Libreoffice - opens with "(as superuser)" in title bar