Formatting in the Wiki

eskroni eskroni

Formatting in the Wiki

Hi,

I have one question about the formatting of the Wiki pages. I'm
sending this to the website and the documentation list, since I'm not
exactly sure, which list is the right one.

I think, I remember an agreement, that in the Wiki we should not use
the Level 1 headings, because it produces the same formatting as the
Title of the page.

This would mean, that we only use heading2 and upwards.

Do I remember this correctly? Or am I misremembering?
Please tell me what the agreement is either way.

Thanks in advance.

Sigrid

Wheatbix Wheatbix

Re: Formatting in the Wiki

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Sigrid Carrera
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have one question about the formatting of the Wiki pages. I'm
> sending this to the website and the documentation list, since I'm not
> exactly sure, which list is the right one.

The website team manages the TDF wiki, and wiki infrastructure. As I
understand it the documentation team might be responsible for
moderation of content within the LibreOffice wiki once launched as
they are responsible for the content in the Help Wiki.

> I think, I remember an agreement, that in the Wiki we should not use
> the Level 1 headings, because it produces the same formatting as the
> Title of the page.
>
> This would mean, that we only use heading2 and upwards.

This is correct. This discussion has occurred and a consensus was
reached. If you are editing a wiki page you should use H2, H3, H4 for
the page structure. The H2 heading looks similar to the H1 heading, so
don't be fooled.
There is nobody policing this, but some people will make an effort to
change pages (without affecting the structure) to not use H1 headings.

Thanks,
Michael Wheatland