Formulas...

zed zed

Formulas...

It is so long since I used the Formula I'm looking for that I have forgotten
what it is.  Here is my problem

I have a column, say, D4 in which I have a constant figure, say, 100

Another column E10 , let's call it Production, contains a figure of, say, 79

I can establish that 79 is 79% of actual production by entering the formula
=E10/D4 and then Formatting the expression to Percentage.  But I cannot
remember the formula to copy E10 down so that D4 is the constant.

I have tried E/10/D4, E10/$D4, $E10/D4, $E10/$D4  and then Filled Down
without obtaining the correct answer.

If anyone on the list is able to help me, I'd be most gratefu,

Zed
Desk - A very large wastebasket with drawers.

marcgrober marcgrober

Re: Formulas...

D4 and E10 are cells not columns
as a result it is unclear what you mean by "copy E10 down so that D4 is
the constant."  What exactly are yo trying to accomplish?

On 5/9/12 3:03 PM, Zed wrote:

> It is so long since I used the Formula I'm looking for that I have forgotten
> what it is.  Here is my problem
>
> I have a column, say, D4 in which I have a constant figure, say, 100
>
> Another column E10 , let's call it Production, contains a figure of, say, 79
>
> I can establish that 79 is 79% of actual production by entering the formula
> =E10/D4 and then Formatting the expression to Percentage.  But I cannot
> remember the formula to copy E10 down so that D4 is the constant.
>
> I have tried E/10/D4, E10/$D4, $E10/D4, $E10/$D4  and then Filled Down
> without obtaining the correct answer.
>
> If anyone on the list is able to help me, I'd be most gratefu,
>

> Zed
> Desk - A very large wastebasket with drawers.

Tom Tom

Re: Formulas...

Do you need both parts of D$ to stay fixed? $D keeps the D part fixed and then $4 keeps the 4 part fixed so you need

=E10/$D$4

(I think)

Mirosław Zalewski Mirosław Zalewski

Re: Formulas...

Hi Zed

I believe you are looking for
=E10/$D$10
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski

Johnny Rosenberg Johnny Rosenberg

Re: Formulas...

2012/5/10 Mirosław Zalewski <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Zed
>
> I believe you are looking for
> =E10/$D$10

Or rather =E10/$D$4…

> --
> Best regards
> Mirosław Zalewski

zed zed

Re: Formulas...

Marc Grober <[hidden email]> wrote:

> D4 and E10 are cells not columns as a result it is unclear what you mean
> by "copy E10 down so that D4 is the constant."  What exactly are yo trying
> to accomplish?

My apologies for confusing you  Yes, I should have called them cells and not
columns and I regret the error.  Fortunately, some other members "twigged"
what I meant and gave good advice.

Zed
--
Zed
Do married people live longer, or does it just seem that way?

zed zed

Re: Formulas...

Zed <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is so long since I used the Formula I'm looking for that I have
> forgotten what it is.  Here is my problem
>
> I have a column, say, D4 in which I have a constant figure, say, 100
>
> Another column E10 , let's call it Production, contains a figure of, say,
> 79
>
> I can establish that 79 is 79% of actual production by entering the
> formula =E10/D4 and then Formatting the expression to Percentage.  But I
> cannot remember the formula to copy E10 down so that D4 is the constant.
>
> I have tried E/10/D4, E10/$D4, $E10/D4, $E10/$D4  and then Filled Down
> without obtaining the correct answer.
>
> If anyone on the list is able to help me, I'd be most gratefu,

Thank you Miroslave Zalewski, Tom Davis and Johnny Rosenberg for suggesting
suitable solutions.  It is verr much appreciated.

Zed
--
Zed
A Closed Mouth Gathers No Foot

Tom Tom

Re: Formulas...

Hi :)
[bows]  Thanks :)

It's sometimes fastest to ask the list but while you are waiting to look through documentation
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications

If you find the answer before getting a reply it's best to post the answer into the thread so that people can focus more on things that do need to be solved.