From Draw to Impress?

bunk3m bunk3m

From Draw to Impress?

Hello all.

I am really pleased with the PDF open & edit in Draw but was wondering
how to get content from Draw into Impress without having to copy and paste.

I couldn't find the my original presentation but had a pdf version of
the presentation.

So I opened it in Draw.  That allowed me to make some small changes and
yes, I can save again to PDF.

But what I wanted was to use Impress to present the reworked presentation.

There is no "Save as" to go to odp but I was hoping I could somehow get
the Draw document into a presentation again.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

B.

PS on digest mode.  Please cc me directly.  Thanks!

Regina Henschel Regina Henschel

Re: From Draw to Impress?

Hi "bunk3m",

it is easier as you think:
Start with File Open.
Select your Draw document.
Then -still in the file open dialog- open the drop-down list to select
the file type. Chose item "ODF Drawing (Impress) (*.odg)".

Notice the "(Impress)" in the item. It is the item directly after "ODF
Presentation Template (*.otp)"

Kind regards
Regina

bunk3m schrieb am 12-Sep-20 um 22:21:

> Hello all.
>
> I am really pleased with the PDF open & edit in Draw but was wondering
> how to get content from Draw into Impress without having to copy and paste.
>
> I couldn't find the my original presentation but had a pdf version of
> the presentation.
>
> So I opened it in Draw.  That allowed me to make some small changes and
> yes, I can save again to PDF.
>
> But what I wanted was to use Impress to present the reworked presentation.
>
> There is no "Save as" to go to odp but I was hoping I could somehow get
> the Draw document into a presentation again.
>
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> B.
>
> PS on digest mode.  Please cc me directly.  Thanks!

bunk3m bunk3m

Re: From Draw to Impress?

Thank you Regina.

That list is so long, I never looked much below the second section so
never got there.

Once open in "ODF Drawing (Impress) (*.odg)", I see I can save the
document as Presentation odp.

Cool!

Thanks!

B.