Fwd: Re: LibreOffice Portable 3.6.1.1

Friedrich Strohmaier Friedrich Strohmaier

Fwd: Re: LibreOffice Portable 3.6.1.1

Hi webmasters,

please update http://www.libreoffice.org/download/portable/ and relatives.

regards

Friedrich

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: LibreOffice Portable 3.6.1.1
Datum: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 01:25:04 +0200
Von: Friedrich Strohmaier <[hidden email]>
An: John T. Haller

Hi John, *,

Am 10.09.2012 21:32 schrieb John T. Haller:

> http://download.portableapps.com/portableapps/libreofficeportable/LibreOfficePortable_3.6.1.1_MultilingualAll.paf.exe

> http://download.portableapps.com/portableapps/libreofficeportable/LibreOfficePortable_3.6.1.1_MultilingualNormal.paf.exe

> Please drop a note back when it's up and ready and we'll announce it and
> push it out to our users.  And please don't remove the previous release until we push this out or users who download/upgrade in the interim will get a 404 error.

Done! :o))

Download from:
http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/portable/3.6.1/

Friedrich
--
Friedrich Strohmaier
- Admin team -

Rainer Bielefeld-2 Rainer Bielefeld-2

Re: Fwd: Re: LibreOffice Portable 3.6.1.1

Friedrich Strohmaier schrieb:

> please update http://www.libreoffice.org/download/portable/ and relatives.

Hi Friedrich,

known Bug 54375, here on the list since 2012-09-02.

CU

Rainer

Friedrich Strohmaier-3 Friedrich Strohmaier-3

Re: Fwd: Re: LibreOffice Portable 3.6.1.1

Hi Rainer, *,

Am 12.09.2012 05:46 schrieb Rainer Bielefeld:
> Friedrich Strohmaier schrieb:

>> please update http://www.libreoffice.org/download/portable/ and relatives.

> Hi Friedrich,

> known Bug 54375, here on the list since 2012-09-02.

Closed it as it handles
http://portableapps.com/de/apps/office/libreoffice_portable
which is not in our hands.

This bugreport is quite confusing as it
handles several bugs:
1. 3.5.x not available
2. spanish site outdated (not portable)
3. German site offer 1. = bug?
4. French site offer 1. = bug?
5. international site not mentioned at all

What to fix here?? :o))

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich
Documentfoundation Admin team

Jean-Baptiste Faure Jean-Baptiste Faure

Le 09/10/2012 13:41, Friedrich Strohmaier a écrit :
> Hi Rainer, *,
>
> [...]
> 4. French site offer 1. = bug?
Yesterday, I updated the FR download webpage for portable version.

It is a pity that PortableApps.com does not provide an up-to-date
portable version of LO 3.5.6 or the next coming 3.5.7

Best regards.
JBF

Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina

Re: Fwd: Re: LibreOffice Portable 3.6.1.1

from what i have read in terms of documentation it doesnt look to hard to
do to make a portable version. question is is whose maintaining the
libreoffice version on the portable apps site. I am wondering if we should
ask portable apps to link it back to the official LO site that has the
portable app download or at least link directly to the portable download.

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Jean-Baptiste Faure <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 09/10/2012 13:41, Friedrich Strohmaier a écrit :
> > Hi Rainer, *,
> >
> > [...]
> > 4. French site offer 1. = bug?
> Yesterday, I updated the FR download webpage for portable version.
>
> It is a pity that PortableApps.com does not provide an up-to-date
> portable version of LO 3.5.6 or the next coming 3.5.7
>
> Best regards.
> JBF
>
> --
> Seuls des formats ouverts peuvent assurer la pérennité de vos documents.

Jonathan Aquilina

Clair Johnston Clair Johnston

On 10/14/2012 4:01 AM, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:

> from what i have read in terms of documentation it doesnt look to hard to
> do to make a portable version. question is is whose maintaining the
> libreoffice version on the portable apps site. I am wondering if we should
> ask portable apps to link it back to the official LO site that has the
> portable app download or at least link directly to the portable download.
>
> On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Jean-Baptiste Faure <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Le 09/10/2012 13:41, Friedrich Strohmaier a écrit :
>>> Hi Rainer, *,
>>>
>>> [...]
>>> 4. French site offer 1. = bug?
>> Yesterday, I updated the FR download webpage for portable version.
>>
>> It is a pity that PortableApps.com does not provide an up-to-date
>> portable version of LO 3.5.6 or the next coming 3.5.7
>>
>> Best regards.
>> JBF
>>
>> --
>> Seuls des formats ouverts peuvent assurer la pérennité de vos documents.

>> deleted

This was discussed in the Portable Apps forum about a month ago. see:
http://portableapps.com/node/34281  Basically, the problem is with the
way LO promotes the older releases.  Please read the PA post.

Clair

Friedrich Strohmaier-3 Friedrich Strohmaier-3

Re: Fwd: Re: LibreOffice Portable 3.6.1.1

Hi Jean-Baptiste, *,

Am 14.10.2012 09:32 schrieb Jean-Baptiste Faure:
> Le 09/10/2012 13:41, Friedrich Strohmaier a écrit :

>> [...]

>> 4. French site offer 1. = bug?
> Yesterday, I updated the FR download webpage for portable version.

Thanks! :o))

> It is a pity that PortableApps.com does not provide an up-to-date
> portable version of LO 3.5.6 or the next coming 3.5.7

As far as I got it, they offer, what we offer:
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/

so 3.6.2 is our and their offer :o))

To change that is our cup of tea, but maybe contacting portableapps team
might change their minds:
http://portableapps.com/about/contact

Thanks for looking closer.

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich
Documentfoundation Admin team
Libreoffice-Box team (http://libreofficebox.org/
LibreOffice and more on CD/DVD images)

krackedpress krackedpress

Re: Fwd: Re: LibreOffice Portable 3.6.1.1

I asked this type of question a while back and I got an answer stating
that it take a lot of work to create a portable version and since LO is
not working on 3.6.x line, they were using their manpower to deal with
that line instead of the older one.

I wanted to have a 3.5.6 or 3.5.7 portable for my "end-of-line" NA-DVD.
I want to do a "final" DVD/.iso for the last version of LO in the 3.5.x
line.  But it seems a newer portable version will not happen.

For me, once I get the final 3.5.x line DVD made, then I will start
working on the 3.6.x line versions.  I have a person with dial-up that I
would like to mail a 3.6.3 version to, since he is now using 3.6.1.

On 10/14/2012 04:01 AM, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:

> from what i have read in terms of documentation it doesnt look to hard to
> do to make a portable version. question is is whose maintaining the
> libreoffice version on the portable apps site. I am wondering if we should
> ask portable apps to link it back to the official LO site that has the
> portable app download or at least link directly to the portable download.
>
> On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Jean-Baptiste Faure <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Le 09/10/2012 13:41, Friedrich Strohmaier a écrit :
>>> Hi Rainer, *,
>>>
>>> [...]
>>> 4. French site offer 1. = bug?
>> Yesterday, I updated the FR download webpage for portable version.
>>
>> It is a pity that PortableApps.com does not provide an up-to-date
>> portable version of LO 3.5.6 or the next coming 3.5.7
>>
>> Best regards.
>> JBF
>>
>> --
>> Seuls des formats ouverts peuvent assurer la pérennité de vos documents.

>> deleted

Friedrich Strohmaier-3 Friedrich Strohmaier-3

Re: Fwd: Re: LibreOffice Portable 3.6.1.1

Hi Jonathan, *,

Am 14.10.2012 10:01 schrieb Jonathan Aquilina:
> from what i have read in terms of documentation it doesnt look to hard to
> do to make a portable version.

So go ahead :o))

> question is is whose maintaining the libreoffice version on the
> portable apps site.

It's John himself :o))

> I am wondering if we should ask portable apps to link it back to the
> official LO site that has the portable app download or at least link
> directly to the portable download.

Portableapps LibO is distributed from our (TDF) mirror network.

[..]

Gruß/regards

Le 14/10/2012 15:05, Clair Johnston a écrit :
> On 10/14/2012 4:01 AM, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
>> from what i have read in terms of documentation it doesnt look to
>> hard to
>> do to make a portable version. question is is whose maintaining the
>> libreoffice version on the portable apps site. I am wondering if we
>> should
>> ask portable apps to link it back to the official LO site that has the
>> portable app download or at least link directly to the portable
>> download.
I understand, but LO 3.5.7 will be newer than LO 3.6.2, not older ;-)
And more suitable for conservative users.

It is a pity that the official English download webpage does not show
our most robust version.

Best regards.
JBF

On 10/14/2012 12:50 PM, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:

> Le 14/10/2012 15:05, Clair Johnston a écrit :
>> On 10/14/2012 4:01 AM, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
>>> from what i have read in terms of documentation it doesnt look to
>>> hard to
>>> do to make a portable version. question is is whose maintaining the
>>> libreoffice version on the portable apps site. I am wondering if we
>>> should
>>> ask portable apps to link it back to the official LO site that has the
>>> portable app download or at least link directly to the portable
>>> download.
> I understand, but LO 3.5.7 will be newer than LO 3.6.2, not older ;-)
> And more suitable for conservative users.
>
> It is a pity that the official English download webpage does not show
> our most robust version.
>
> Best regards.
> JBF

3.5.7 should be out any day now.

The idea of showing both lines on the "default" download page has be
posted in many many threads, since 3.4/3.5 days.

I use 3.5.6 and will use 3.5.7 when it comes out.  Then I will got to
3.6.4 or 3.6.5 when they come out.

The "more stable" wording has been debated as well.  "More robust
version" is another term that could be debated alot.  Each line has
their own usage and market.  There is a WIKI page being worked on to
help clarify the process and why there is a 2-line cycle.

The only wording like "more conservative" is semi agreed on for the
3.5.x like with the work on 3.6.x going on.

It is hard to use words like "newer" and "older" when you are dealing
with a 2 -line development cycle.  In a few months, they will be
starting to work on 3.7.0-RC1  3.7.0 is due out in mid-Feb. 2013,but the
work freeze is due in the beginning of Dec. '12.