[Fwd: [libreoffice-documentation] Printed copy of Getting Started with LibreOffice 3.3]

Andy Brown Andy Brown

[Fwd: [libreoffice-documentation] Printed copy of Getting Started with LibreOffice 3.3]

Forwarded at Jean's Request.

Re: [Fwd: [libreoffice-documentation] Printed copy of Getting Started with LibreOffice 3.3]

Andy Brown <[hidden email]> wrote on 2011-01-02 20:30:

> Forwarded at Jean's Request.

Who are "Friends of OpenDocument Inc" - that seems it is not identical
with Document Foundation, isn't it?

> Huge thanks to Hal Parker for doing the work of compiling the book ready
> for publication.
>
> The interior PDF of this book can be replaced with a new one whenever
> the book itself is revised. Similarly, the cover artwork can be replaced
> if/when someone creates a better design.

On the given homepage of lulu.com the link
http://wiki.libreoffice.org/get-help/Documentation/" is a dead !
It should be: http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/

Have a nice day,

Joachim (Germany)

eskroni eskroni

Re: [Fwd: [libreoffice-documentation] Printed copy of Getting Started with LibreOffice 3.3]

Hi Joachim,

2011/1/3 Joachim Wiedorn <[hidden email]>:

> Andy Brown <[hidden email]> wrote on 2011-01-02 20:30:
>
>> Forwarded at Jean's Request.

No, it is a volunteer organisation, registered in Australia. Friends
of OpenDocument Inc. was founded to promote the ODF format.It was
founded several years ago, even before the OD-Format became a
standard.

You can learn more about Friends of OpenDocument on their website:
http://www.friendsofopendocument.com/

> On the given homepage of lulu.com the link
> http://wiki.libreoffice.org/get-help/Documentation/" is a dead !
> It should be: http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/

thanks. I will tell Jean about this.

Sigrid

Gérard Fargeot Gérard Fargeot

Re: [Fwd: [libreoffice-documentation] Printed copy of Getting Started with LibreOffice 3.3]

Hi all,

Andy Brown wrote
Forwarded at Jean's Request.

Friends of OpenDocument, Inc is delighted to announce the publication of
the printed edition of "Getting Started with LibreOffice 3.3", which is
now available from Lulu.com through this link:
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/getting-started-with-libreoffice-33/14423050
I've just have a look (quickly) at "Getting start with Calc" (chapter 5)and saw few mistakes.
Concerning shortcut key (page 25 & 26), the shortcut are the OOo shortcuts not the LibO :
ctrl+D instead of Shift+ctrl+D
and
Reversed Delete key and Backspace.