Fwd: libreoffice + liborcus build problem

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Kohei Yoshida Kohei Yoshida
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: libreoffice + liborcus build problem

Forwarding it to the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz <[hidden email]>
Date: Sat, May 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Subject: libreoffice + liborcus build problem
To: Kohei Yoshida <[hidden email]>



Hi,

Trying to build libreoffice 4.0.3.3 with liborcus 0.5.1 and that unfortunately
fails with:

http://tnij.org/vqp8  (build log)

eg:
sc/source/filter/orcus/orcusfiltersimpl.cxx:36:20: error: cannot declare
variable 'aFactory' to be of abstract type 'ScOrcusFactory'
sc/source/filter/orcus/interface.cxx:32:69: error: cannot allocate an object
of abstract type 'ScOrcusSheet'

and similar.

Is there fix for that somewhere in libreoffice git branches?


Thanks,
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / maven.pl


_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Kohei Yoshida-5 Kohei Yoshida-5
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: libreoffice + liborcus build problem


> Trying to build libreoffice 4.0.3.3 with liborcus 0.5.1 and that
> unfortunately
> fails with:
You can't build the 4.0 branch with 0.5.1. You need to use 0.3.0.

Kohei
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: libreoffice + liborcus build problem

On Saturday 18 of May 2013, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> > Trying to build libreoffice 4.0.3.3 with liborcus 0.5.1 and that
> > unfortunately
>
> > fails with:
> You can't build the 4.0 branch with 0.5.1. You need to use 0.3.0.

Or use these backport patches:
http://git.pld-linux.org/gitweb.cgi?p=packages/libreoffice.git;a=blob_plain;f=libreoffice-liborcus.patch;hb=HEAD
http://git.pld-linux.org/gitweb.cgi?p=packages/libreoffice.git;a=blob_plain;f=libreoffice-liborcus-build.patch;hb=HEAD

> Kohei

Thanks,
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / maven.pl
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Bjoern Michaelsen Bjoern Michaelsen
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

checking "external" lib versions (was: libreoffice + liborcus build problem)

In reply to this post by Kohei Yoshida-5
Hi,

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 05:40:38PM -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
>
> >Trying to build libreoffice 4.0.3.3 with liborcus 0.5.1 and that
> >unfortunately
> >fails with:
> You can't build the 4.0 branch with 0.5.1. You need to use 0.3.0.

As package maintainer, I have been repeatedly nagged about the versioning of
the essentially TDF-hosted but officially external libs (not only orcus, but
also wp*, cmis and friends). "Proper" versioning would go with full so-name
versioning for ABI-changes etc. AFAIK Rene is retrofitting this somewhat on the
Debian packages, but it would be better if this would happen directly upstream.
If we dont want to do that work, wouldnt it make sense though to at least
detect the version in the configure-script to safe newcomers frustrations?
Might be an EasyHack, if the supported versions of these "external" libs are
clearly defined.

Best,

Bjoern
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Kohei Yoshida-5 Kohei Yoshida-5
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: checking "external" lib versions

On 05/21/2013 08:10 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 05:40:38PM -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
>>> Trying to build libreoffice 4.0.3.3 with liborcus 0.5.1 and that
>>> unfortunately
>>> fails with:
>> You can't build the 4.0 branch with 0.5.1. You need to use 0.3.0.
> As package maintainer, I have been repeatedly nagged about the versioning of
> the essentially TDF-hosted but officially external libs (not only orcus, but
> also wp*, cmis and friends). "Proper" versioning would go with full so-name
> versioning for ABI-changes etc.
FWIW, liborcus clearly defines API version.  The one for 4.0 is
liborcus-4.0, and the one for the master is liborcus-6.0. Is there
anything else you are suggesting we do?

>   AFAIK Rene is retrofitting this somewhat on the
> Debian packages, but it would be better if this would happen directly upstream.
> If we dont want to do that work, wouldnt it make sense though to at least
> detect the version in the configure-script to safe newcomers frustrations?
Sure. That would be a great idea.  I have no objection.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice Calc hacker, SUSE.

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Kohei Yoshida-5 Kohei Yoshida-5
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: checking "external" lib versions

On 05/21/2013 08:16 AM, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> FWIW, liborcus clearly defines API version.  The one for 4.0 is
> liborcus-4.0, and the one for the master is liborcus-6.0.
I meant orcus-0.4 and orcus-0.6, respectively.

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice Calc hacker, SUSE.

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Bjoern Michaelsen Bjoern Michaelsen
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: checking "external" lib versions

In reply to this post by Kohei Yoshida-5
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 08:16:44AM -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:

> On 05/21/2013 08:10 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 05:40:38PM -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> >>>Trying to build libreoffice 4.0.3.3 with liborcus 0.5.1 and that
> >>>unfortunately
> >>>fails with:
> >>You can't build the 4.0 branch with 0.5.1. You need to use 0.3.0.
> >As package maintainer, I have been repeatedly nagged about the versioning of
> >the essentially TDF-hosted but officially external libs (not only orcus, but
> >also wp*, cmis and friends). "Proper" versioning would go with full so-name
> >versioning for ABI-changes etc.
> FWIW, liborcus clearly defines API version.  The one for 4.0 is
> liborcus-4.0, and the one for the master is liborcus-6.0. Is there
> anything else you are suggesting we do?

Hmm, indeed:
$ readelf -d /usr/lib/liborcus-0.4.so.0|grep soname
 0x000000000000000e (SONAME)             Library soname: [liborcus-0.4.so.0]

I need to check which libs that nagging was about.

Best,

Bjoern
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice