Fwd: shortcut pdf does not respect settings

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Guy Voets Guy Voets
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: shortcut pdf does not respect settings

Hello there,

The version I use at present is LO 4.4.1.2, with a Dutch interface, om Mac.
When I use the PDF shortcut in the Standard toolbar (between Save and Print
icons), the text in the resulting pdf file isn't justified, while it is
justified in the original odt.
From the top left menu File > Export as PDF produces the same error.
I need to make the detour of the Print dialog > PDF > Save as PDF to get it
right.

I suppose this is a -new- bug, because in my previous version of LO
(Feb'15) the pdf text was justified just as its odt original.

--
Guy
using LibO 4.4 on a iMac DualCore Yosemite 10.10.2
Dodoes can't afford to have headaches



--
Guy
using LibO 4.0.3 on a iMac Intel DualCore MountainLion 10.8.3
Dodoes can't afford to have headaches

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
TomD TomD
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: shortcut pdf does not respect settings

Hi :)
Yeh, that has gotta be new - or at least more recent than 4.1.x branch.
I'm fairly sure i'd have noticed it if it happened in versions i use and i
do use
File - Export to Pdf
quite a bit.

Regards from
Tom :)


On 3 April 2015 at 14:06, Guy Voets <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> The version I use at present is LO 4.4.1.2, with a Dutch interface, om Mac.
> When I use the PDF shortcut in the Standard toolbar (between Save and Print
> icons), the text in the resulting pdf file isn't justified, while it is
> justified in the original odt.
> From the top left menu File > Export as PDF produces the same error.
> I need to make the detour of the Print dialog > PDF > Save as PDF to get it
> right.
>
> I suppose this is a -new- bug, because in my previous version of LO
> (Feb'15) the pdf text was justified just as its odt original.
>
> --
> Guy
> using LibO 4.4 on a iMac DualCore Yosemite 10.10.2
> Dodoes can't afford to have headaches
>
>
>
> --
> Guy
> using LibO 4.0.3 on a iMac Intel DualCore MountainLion 10.8.3
> Dodoes can't afford to have headaches
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems?
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Dave Barton Dave Barton
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: shortcut pdf does not respect settings

In reply to this post by Guy Voets
Guy Voets wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> The version I use at present is LO 4.4.1.2, with a Dutch interface, om Mac.
> When I use the PDF shortcut in the Standard toolbar (between Save and Print
> icons), the text in the resulting pdf file isn't justified, while it is
> justified in the original odt.
> From the top left menu File > Export as PDF produces the same error.
> I need to make the detour of the Print dialog > PDF > Save as PDF to get it
> right.
>
> I suppose this is a -new- bug, because in my previous version of LO
> (Feb'15) the pdf text was justified just as its odt original.

Hi Guy,

It might be a Mac and/or a Version 4.4.1.2 issue only, because I cannot
reproduce with 6 different documents (ODT, DOC & DOCX) on Linux &
Windows with Version: 4.4.2.2 from both the toolbar or the menu.

Is it possible for you to update to 4.4.2 ?

Dave



--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
V Stuart Foote V Stuart Foote
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: shortcut pdf does not respect settings

In reply to this post by TomD
A know regression from 4.3 builds, already on MAB 4.4

tdf#88941 - Writer/Draw lose formatting for justified text when exporting to PDF on OS X builds
TomD TomD
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: shortcut pdf does not respect settings

Hi :)
Thanks Stuart :)
Regards from
Tom :)

On 3 April 2015 at 14:53, V Stuart Foote <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A know regression from 4.3 builds, already on MAB 4.4
>
> tdf#88941 <https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=88941>   -
> Writer/Draw lose formatting for justified text when exporting to PDF on OS
> X
> builds
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Fwd-shortcut-pdf-does-not-respect-settings-tp4145321p4145326.html
> Sent from the Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems?
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted