[GSOC] about:config utility a.k.a Expert Config - Weekly Report #10

Efe Gürkan YALAMAN Efe Gürkan YALAMAN

[GSOC] about:config utility a.k.a Expert Config - Weekly Report #10

Hi,

Last week I worked on performance issues of page load. Learned using callgrind and how to use output(Special thanks to Thorsten). After doing some profiling I figured out the main problem issues on page. And last 2 days I moved the page to the Advanced page.

So-
==What I did==
-Profiling,
-Moving it to the Advanced page as mentioned before.

==Profiling results==
There are 2 main problems on the page.
-Page collects all settings with a recursive function. And it causes a long wait on page load. There is about 25K options in total( wow! :) )
-Clicking on header's causes a long wait. We figured out there is a costy function on SvTreeList class (It was sortChildren I think.).

So this week I will try to optimize the problematic part of the code and other things on to-do list.

Best,

--
Efe Gürkan YALAMAN
http://about.me/efegurkan