GSoC 2014 Weekly Report - Improvements To The Template Manager [Week 2]

Efe Gürkan YALAMAN Efe Gürkan YALAMAN

GSoC 2014 Weekly Report - Improvements To The Template Manager [Week 2]

Merhaba,

This week we have some progress but still not productive enough. I probably cannot be productive a few more weeks. At least until my Major exams are gone.

==What's done==
+Start Center has TemplateLocalView with templates.
+Opening region was working. I broke it when moving the things from other dialog.
+Default view (TemplateLocalView) set to show all types of templates. Didn't test it for the time being.
+Moved a few handlers and a toolbar. Importing should work now. Not tested.

==Plans for next Week==
*Find the bug which causes the crash without warning when clicking an item from view and clicking anywhere again.
*Continue moving other toolbars.
*Continue moving the other views and the handlers.
*These might got delayed. Have exams in a week.

==Plans and questions for future==
*Change Templates button with a dropdown to filter the templates for the Module.
*Put a return point to Recent Documents. Maybe put it in the dropdown?
*How should editing work?
*Should I keep moved parts on BackingWindow (I will do this way for the time being), or should I separate them to another Class?

P.S: If you have any good ideas, or if you see a mistake on here please feel free to shout it. It helps me a lot :)

The screenshot of this weeks progress in attachment.

Best,

--
Efe Gürkan YALAMAN

screenshot.png (127K) Download Attachment
5v865bd64dvbv868b 5v865bd64dvbv868b

Re: GSoC 2014 Weekly Report - Improvements To The Template Manager [Week 2]

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Efe Gürkan YALAMAN Efe Gürkan YALAMAN

Re: GSoC 2014 Weekly Report - Improvements To The Template Manager [Week 2]

Hi,

One thing that I feel could make it more intuitive to use would be to move from filetype filtering to having separate folders for each filetype.

In my opinion that would make the hierarchy more clear and e.g. "Presentation Backgrounds" won't appear when viewing Writer documents etc.

The thing we see default is folder view. When I add the type filter, I think I can add an option for not showing the empty folders. Thanks for the Idea. :)

Efe Gürkan YALAMAN

this is already looking very nice.

One thing that I feel could make it more intuitive to use would be to move from filetype filtering to having separate folders for each filetype.

In my opinion that would make the hierarchy more clear and e.g. "Presentation Backgrounds" won't appear when viewing Writer documents etc.

Cheers,

Alex

This email was sent by alexanderW (via Nabble)
To receive all replies by email, subscribe to this discussion

--
Efe Gürkan YALAMAN