GSoC 2016

marius adrian popa marius adrian popa

GSoC 2016

Hello I'm Finishing my Master Degree this Year (2016) in Information Technology at Petru Maior University Romania  (Last year i had some familiy issues that now are solved)

http://upm.ro/English/English.html

I will work this summer on finishing integration of Firebird backend

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/Ideas#Finish_Firebird_driver_integration

The main remaining issue is that the firebird data format embedded in the .odb file is endianess-dependent. The idea is to switch to Firebird's "archive" format that is not.

I started by cleaning the previous gerrit and submitting new one

Also as time permits fixing the following blockers for firebird integration :

 bug 69949 - table editor should support the autoincrement
 bug 71009 - relationship management not implemented in GUI
 bug 71251 - Creating table from default choices via wizard fails
 bug 74172 - no data type DECIMAL/NUMERIC
 bug 76072 - view creation not implemented

I will test also firebird 3.0 integration (it should work with old 2.5 c based api with no changes )

I started last year a patch that needs to be reworked with Firebird 3.0 RC2/Final

Some it's features would allow easy fixes for example autoincrement (implemented as identity)

https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/firebird/blob/master/doc/sql.extensions/README.identity_columns.txt

True boolean datatype ...

http://www.firebirdsql.org/file/community/conference-2014/pdf/02_fb.2014.whatsnew.30.en.pdf

If nothing else is left to do i will create a branch with firebird 3.0 c++ oo api

https://github.com/asfernandes/fbstuff/tree/master/src/test

Api is  now fronzen according to the Firebird core developers

https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/firebird/tree/master/examples/interfaces

Previous merged gerrits

Proposal on google docs
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CnN9ltIcphsO9Am-v4LLmQ8tWVuwrOuLKldhkXgjrpw/edit?usp=sharing