[GSoC] Android Impress Remote: Weekly Report #4, #5

Artur Dryomov Artur Dryomov

[GSoC] Android Impress Remote: Weekly Report #4, #5

Hi All,

This summer I am working on Android Impress Remote improvements.

Past two weeks progress.
* UI improvements are mostly ready. There are a couple of bugs and problems as well as new look :-) Some slide show features are not implemented yet but the app looks well and it is usable.
* I restructured the project a bit and removed an external dependency, now the application depends only on Android SDK libraries and ActionBarSherlock. That basically means the smaller package size ;-)
* I spent a lot of time on debugging, optimizing and putting things together unfortunately — I had a hope such things would be faster ;-(
* There are some screenshots of the new UI but I don’t know where to put them. Attachments are not the best idea I suppose. Are there other variants? Or should I just use a wiki page?

Plans for this week.
* Finish the UI part.
* Discuss possible icon improvements at the ux-advise list. Let’s hope not everyone is on vacation these days :-)
* Discuss protocol-related ideas with Siqi and start deep reading of server-side code. I have some notes already, just need to prepare a plan of possible changes before breaking things.

Regards,
Artur.
Michael Meeks-2 Michael Meeks-2

Re: [GSoC] Android Impress Remote: Weekly Report #4, #5

Hi Artur,

On Wed, 2013-07-17 at 22:27 +0300, Artur Dryomov wrote:
> * UI improvements are mostly ready. There are a couple of bugs and
> problems as well as new look :-)

        Heh :-) sounds perfectly normal.

> * There are some screenshots of the new UI but I don’t know where to
> put them. Attachments are not the best idea I suppose. Are there
> other variants? Or should I just use a wiki page?

        Your screenshots look sexy and we should get those into the wiki so
everyone can see them I think: incidentally, do you have a blog you
could blog a few of these on ?

> * Discuss possible icon improvements at the ux-advise list. Let’s hope
> not everyone is on vacation these days :-)

        There is always someone reading the list in any event.

> * Discuss protocol-related ideas with Siqi and start deep reading of
> server-side code. I have some notes already, just need to prepare a
> plan of possible changes before breaking things.

        Makes sense :-)

        Nice work,

                Michael.

Artur Dryomov Artur Dryomov

Re: [GSoC] Android Impress Remote: Weekly Report #4, #5

Hi Michael,

> Your screenshots look sexy and we should get those into the wiki so
> everyone can see them I think: incidentally, do you have a blog you
> could blog a few of these on ?

I haven’t a blog, we decided that email messages will work well ;-) I’ll upload them to the wiki, no problem.

Thanks!
Artur.
Artur Dryomov Artur Dryomov

Re: [GSoC] Android Impress Remote: Weekly Report #4, #5

Hi Michael,

It is WIP of course but I’ll try to update screenshots when future steps will be done.

Regards,
Artur.