[GSoC] Improved Color Selection, Week 10

Krisztian Pinter Krisztian Pinter

[GSoC] Improved Color Selection, Week 10

Hi All!

Last week I started looking into adding the new color palette to Draw/Impress, and merging SvxLineColorToolBoxControl into SvxColorToolBoxControl but I ran into some problems.
I couldn't change the toolbar buttons in Draw. I changed things in
sd/uiconfig/sdraw/toolbar/drawingobjectbar.xml
sd/source/ui/app/sddll.cxx -- SdDLL::RegisterControllers()
and the toolbar button for SvxLineColorToolBoxControl stayed there but just stopped working.

Other than this I updated my master, added support for loading .soc files and fixed small things about the UI.

This week I'll probably work on small improvements, adding recent colors, and adding the new color palette to Draw.

If anyone has any insights, please share them! Thank you!

All the best,
Krisztian

Maxim Monastirsky Maxim Monastirsky

Re: [GSoC] Improved Color Selection, Week 10

Hi Krisztian,

On Monday 28 July 2014 19:48:51 Krisztian Pinter wrote:
> I changed things in
> *sd/uiconfig/sdraw/toolbar/drawingobjectbar.xml*
I don't see any reason touching that file.

> *sd/source/ui/app/sddll.cxx -- SdDLL::RegisterControllers()*
That's right, and there are similar changes required in writer & calc as well.

> and the toolbar button for *SvxLineColorToolBoxControl* stayed there but
> just stopped working.
The problem here is with the macro SFX_IMPL_TOOLBOX_CONTROL that can be found
at the top of tbcontrl.cxx. It takes the class name and the type of the status
item. Currently SvxColorToolBoxControl is registered with SvxColorItem as a
type, which is fine for most of the color commands, but not for the line color
that use XLineColorItem as a type.

Maxim
5v865bd64dvbv868b 5v865bd64dvbv868b

Re: [GSoC] Improved Color Selection, Week 10

This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Krisztian Pinter Krisztian Pinter

Re: [GSoC] Improved Color Selection, Week 10

Hi!

the work youre doing is really impressive.

Thank you!

I have a suggestion for a small improvement: The bevel around each color
square seems superfluous. I think the palette would look cleaner without it.

Yes, I can't say that this hasn't occurred to me as well. I'm using an already existing widget (SvxColorValueSet) which has this look, and I haven't looked into changing this so far. I'll look into it, at least to add an easy option for turning it off for UI designers later.

And I have one question. Are the dimensions of the palette variable? For
example will a Gimp palette file with a "Columns: 5" entry be displayed as
intended?

The UI design of the popup palette window is not fixed yet, and I wasn't sure how a variable number of columns would work in any design, so I just discard the number of columns for now. I'm not sure if SvxColorValueSet supports a variable number of columns even, so that's something else to look into.

Thank you for giving it a go!

All the best,
Krisztian

Krisztian Pinter Krisztian Pinter

Re: [GSoC] Improved Color Selection, Week 10

Hi!

> *sd/uiconfig/sdraw/toolbar/drawingobjectbar.xml*
I don't see any reason touching that file.

I wanted to add a new color selection button, and this seems like the file that describes the toolbar buttons and their order, so that's why I thought I had to. Reading the other things you wrote, I probably won't have to. I mainly wanted to do it for testing purposes.

The problem here is with the macro SFX_IMPL_TOOLBOX_CONTROL that can be found
at the top of tbcontrl.cxx. It takes the class name and the type of the status
item. Currently SvxColorToolBoxControl is registered with SvxColorItem as a
type, which is fine for most of the color commands, but not for the line color
that use XLineColorItem as a type.

Thank you, this will be helpful!

All the best,
Krisztian