GSoC student introduction: Jesse McKenna

Jesse McKenna Jesse McKenna

GSoC student introduction: Jesse McKenna

Hi all,

My name is Jesse McKenna and I'm a student interested in contributing as part of GSoC. I'm particularly interested in Calc and Base, but am happy to help with any project that needs work.

I have my local build set up and will be looking over the list of Easy Hacks over the next few days, but wanted to reach out and formally introduce myself. Looking forward to interacting with you!

IRC nickname: jess3
Education: Oregon State University, 2nd-year CS undergraduate student

Heiko Tietze-2 Heiko Tietze-2

Re: GSoC student introduction: Jesse McKenna

Hi Jesse,

welcome to LibreOffice! Hope you enjoy the time with us. Since you made yourself familiar with our GSoC procedure [1] there is not much left to say. In case you need support don't hesitate to ask on the mailing list or at the IRC channel #libreoffice-dev [2].

Cheers,
Heiko (UX mentor)

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC
[2] https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/?settings=plerf5n4d3#libreoffice-dev

On 18.02.2018 10:23, Jesse McKenna wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My name is Jesse McKenna and I'm a student interested in contributing as part of GSoC. I'm particularly interested in Calc and Base, but am happy to help with any project that needs work.
>
> I have my local build set up and will be looking over the list of Easy Hacks over the next few days, but wanted to reach out and formally introduce myself. Looking forward to interacting with you!
>
> IRC nickname: jess3
> Email: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Education: Oregon State University, 2nd-year CS undergraduate student

Dr. Heiko Tietze
UX designer
Tel. +49 (0)179/1268509

Markus Mohrhard Markus Mohrhard

Re: GSoC student introduction: Jesse McKenna

Hello Jesse,

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 10:23 AM, Jesse McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

My name is Jesse McKenna and I'm a student interested in contributing as part of GSoC. I'm particularly interested in Calc and Base, but am happy to help with any project that needs work.

I have my local build set up and will be looking over the list of Easy Hacks over the next few days, but wanted to reach out and formally introduce myself. Looking forward to interacting with you!

Welcome to the LibreOffice project. As you already recognized the first step for GSoC is to get your own build and work on an easy hack. Additionally you can have a look at the project ideas list at https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/Ideas It often helps doing an easy hack in an area close to the project idea that you want to apply to.

If you have any more problems feel free to ask here on the mailing list or on the #libreoffice-dev IRC channel.

Regards,
Markus