Get spell check to ignore website addresses?

lanceprior@q.com lanceprior@q.com

Get spell check to ignore website addresses?

Is there a way to get spell check to ignore website addresses?
captainludd5 captainludd5

Re: Get spell check to ignore website addresses?

Still no response to this? I can't find anything about it anywhere. For an editor, it's fairly important, which is why Office includes the function (though, for other reasons, it is no longer effective either).
Gordon Burgess-Parker-4 Gordon Burgess-Parker-4

On 18/09/15 00:06, captainludd5 wrote:
> Still no response to this? I can't find anything about it anywhere. For an
> editor, it's fairly important, which is why Office includes the function
> (though, for other reasons, it is no longer effective either).

Try adding "http" to the Ignore section of spell checking.
Tools>Options>Language Settings>Writing Aids

See if that helps.

Niklas Johansson Niklas Johansson

Re: Get spell check to ignore website addresses?

Hi

Well normally this just works. ;)

The way it is designed is that LibreOffice first recognize that you have
typed a hyperlink. Then it automatically turns it into an actual link. By
doing that it also applies the character style called hyperlink, you know
that blue text which is underlined. That style also has the language set to
None which makes the spell checker ignore it.

If you however turn of the automatic detection of hyperlinks then I suppose
that you need to manually set the language to None. If you turned it of
because you do not like the format of the hyperlink then I would suggest
that you create a template and change the relevant character style to your
liking and set that template as your default template. Note that there is
also a style for visited links.

/Niklas