Getting Started Guide Version LO 4.0

12 « Prev
Jean Weber Jean Weber

Re: LO 4.0 user guides - Icon set

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM, Tom Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is a 3rd option and probably others too
> 3.  Just leave it to the disclaimer to explain why the icons look different
> and perhaps signpost people to how to change sets for themselves and a place
> to find new sets.

That's what it says now in the Prefaces that have been revised. (All
will be revised for v4.)

> 4.  In the disclaimer print 1 copy of the Tango set and 1 of the Galaxy set
> so that people can refer back to it if they have problem with a screen-shot

Tom, that would be a LOT of icons. Pages and pages of them. Not
practical at all.

--Jean

Tom Tom

Re: LO 4.0 user guides - Icon set

Hi :)
Time for a break or some sleep or both.  There is no need to deliberately be obtuse.  For 4) why the full range of icons?  Why not just the ones in the
default toolbar?  or even just a section of the tool-bar.  Then the same area of the tool-bar in Galaxy.  The aim of 4
is to give people a general impression of the types of differences.  Why would it have to be every single icon that no-one ever sees?

Sticking with 3) makes the most sense but why not think about finding some middle ground that everyone could be happy with?

>________________________________

Tom Tom

Re: LO 4.0 user guides - Icon set

Sorry!  Many apologies for my last post!

I hadn't realised i was in such a bad mood.  When i re-read the email but in a different voice i realised that i had probably mis-read they way it was intended.

I didn't get much sleep and had just read another of e-letters typical posts on the Users List.  I guess part of the reason he annoys me soo much is that i partly agree with him but realise that it's unrealistic and that there is a 3rd option.  Things are just never quite as black&white as people often think.  I know people say there are many shades of grey too but that's often used to hint at things of a dubious nature hiding in the shadows.  People rarely think of the infinite variety of colours.

Anyway, i probably over-reacted to him/her too and definitely over-reacted to Jean's post so many apologies for that

>________________________________

PeeWee PeeWee

Re: LO 4.0 user guides - Icon set

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
JohnSmith JohnSmith

Re: LO 4.0 user guides - Icon set

Hi Peter
I've had a look as I'm also doing the Writer preface. I've commented on
all the suggested changes I've made. These are mostly to bring it into
line with what I've done in Writer. Do let me know if they're ok, as
I'll alter Writer if things are sufficiently different.

JohnS

PeeWee PeeWee

PeeWee PeeWee

PeeWee PeeWee

Re: LO 4.0 user guides - Icon set

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
PeeWee PeeWee

Re: Getting Started Guide Version LO 4.0

PeeWee PeeWee

PeeWee PeeWee

PeeWee PeeWee