Getting a line break through a query

Adam Fenn Adam Fenn

Getting a line break through a query

The base documentation states that you can get a line break using Char(13) e.g.

SELECT "Firstname"||' '||"Surname"||Char(13)||"Road"||Char(13)||"Town" FROM "Table"

However, when I run this I just get the concatenated query on one line with no line breaks.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks for your help,
Adam Fenn.

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: Getting a line break through a query

Howdy,

The carriage return is in the string but in the case of the Query designer
the result grid only displays single line data so it appears it is not
there.

If the query is used to populate controls on a form (grid or single field)
there is a property for the control 'MultiLine Input' and default is NO.

For a Grid control you would select a column and change that 'MultiLine
Input' property for the column from No to Yes and the string will break.

Best wishes,

Drew

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 4:56 PM Adam Fenn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The base documentation states that you can get a line break using Char(13)
> e.g.
>
> SELECT "Firstname"||' '||"Surname"||Char(13)||"Road"||Char(13)||"Town"
> FROM "Table"
>

> However, when I run this I just get the concatenated query on one line
> with no line breaks.
>
> What am i doing wrong?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Adam Fenn.

Adam Fenn Adam Fenn

Re: Getting a line break through a query

Ahh, thank you so much!