Getting started with templates and short cuts.

Budge Budge

Getting started with templates and short cuts.

I have read a good deal and looked at the templates offered in the templates manager but all seem more complicated that what I seek.

I wish to enter one of several three word phrases into the entry fields in a tag editing program by using short cuts.  I need about 20 such phrases and I would enter one or more as required.

Please could you start me in the right direction and advise if LibreOffice is what I should be using or should I use a simpler editor altogether?

Regards,
Budge