Grouping text frames and graphics in Writer

gordom gordom

Grouping text frames and graphics in Writer

Hello everyone.
My question regards Writer (LO 6.0.1.1., Windows 10).
I'm preparing a software manual. The document is full of print screens
and cross references inserted into the text. These cross references link
to text frames that overlap the graphics. Is there any way to group
these text frames with the graphics laying in their background?

Any help will be appreciated.
Regards,
gordom

Krunose Krunose

Re: Grouping text frames and graphics in Writer

On 28.02.2018 01:00, gordom wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> My question regards Writer (LO 6.0.1.1., Windows 10).
> I'm preparing a software manual. The document is full of print screens
> and cross references inserted into the text. These cross references
> link to text frames that overlap the graphics. Is there any way to
> group these text frames with the graphics laying in their background?

Well I don't think you can group screenshot images with text frame. What
you could do is anchor text frame and image the same way so they will
act like one object.

Good trick would be to make text frame the same size as image so if
image needs to break to another page, text frame will follow.

It would be best that images are anchored within image frame and you
just enter text that acts as reference into that frame. Use same set-up
as you would do captions on images. Make a frame, apply 'graphic' style
to that frame, insert image _into_ that frame and place content from
text boxes into that same frame and make that text a reference. This way
reference will go where ever image goes.

Will this help?

Kruno

gordom gordom

Re: Grouping text frames and graphics in Writer

The idea to put everything into the text box seems to work fine. Thank
you very much for your help.
Regards,
gordom