Has anyone used RapidShare for sharing ISO files?

12 « Prev
krackedpress krackedpress

Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Has anyone used RapidShare for sharing ISO files?

I got an error about the file was greater than the 1.5 GB limit, when I
tried to upload it to an account I created there.

Since you were able to upload a 3.7 GB of file size to your account, I
would really like to know how it was done.  The system would not let me
do it.

On 07/12/2011 08:46 AM, Stefano Fraccaro wrote:

> Are you sure? Look this url...
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/monteldvd/files/ISO/
>

> Il 12/07/2011 14.40, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions ha scritto:
>>
>> Both Rapidshare and Sourceforge will not allow a 3.x GB size of file
>> on their system[s].  I have tried.
>> CDs are in that file limit, but not DVDs.
>>
>> Someplace must allow DVD ISO to be stored.

Stefano Fraccaro Stefano Fraccaro

Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Has anyone used RapidShare for sharing ISO files?

I upload all files with rsync   :-)

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Rsync%20over%20SSH

Paulo de Souza Lima-3 Paulo de Souza Lima-3

2011/7/12 Simos Xenitellis <[hidden email]>

> On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 9:40 PM, webmaster for Kracked Press
> Productions <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone used RapidShare for sharing ISO files?
> >
> > I was thinking that seems the only place that may allow these large files
> > have a home for sharing.
> >
> > I want to have a place that could be a home for the LibreOffice DVD ISO
> > files so they can be shared with others who can download and burn DVDs.
> >

> If you can get the files on the LibreOffice distribution servers, then
> they are automatically replicated
> around the world to the different LibreOffice mirrors.
> I think this would be the straightforward solution.
>
> One thing you can do is provide a list of the files in the ISO, along
> with filesize.
> I am interested to see what exactly is inside the ISOs.
> If you already created a Wiki page for this, please direct me to it.
>
> > My hosting company will not allow files larger than 700+ MB and the two
> DVD
> > versions [3.3.3 and 3.4.1] of LibreOffice are over 3.4 GB in size.  The
> > account has not issues of having 100 GB of executable files online but if
> > have any ISO files, then they say that I am a repository and it is not
> > allowed.
> >
> > My email account[s] is limited to under 500 MB file size even though I
> have
> > one that has a 1 GB inbox/outbox size.  So I have problems with getting
> > these files to anyone.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions on low-cost or free places to share
> these
> > LibreOffice ISO files?
> >

> Several web hosting providers offer 'unlimited bandwidth'. You can get
> people to offer
> part of this unlimited bandwidth (my webhosting offers me 'unlimited',
> which I would love
> to put it to use).
>
> I am new to this DVD ISO discussion and I do not know the details
> (what is included in the ISO,
> individual file sizes, etc), so please give as much details as possible.
> If we can position this ISO as the official distribution files for offline
> use,
> then it's easy to get the on the libreoffice download servers, and
> then they are mirrored for free around the world.
>
> Simos

Hi folks

That's the problem I faced some weeks ago. I solved "my part" of it
contracting a private server with unlimited storage and bandwidth, where I
uploads ISO DVDs for brazilian community. And they will remain up there
until those issues become solved at LibreOffice servers.

I can give you a SFTP account, if you want.

Cheers.

--
Paulo de Souza Lima
Técnico em Eletrônica e Administrador

"For people to achieve peace in their relationships, spiritual peace and the
peace among people, it's necessary, earlier, to win the internal battle
between virtues and defects" - Talal Husseini - Acropolitan Philosopher

krackedpress krackedpress

Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Has anyone used RapidShare for sharing ISO files?

If someone I trust from the TDF, that has access to the servers, wants
to create an ISO file and place it on their server, I would be happy to
give them FTP access to my LibreOffice-NA.US folder[s] in my hosting
account.

I made that offer a few months back.  I cannot make a "download-only"
account, so whoever I give access to that FTP folder could delete all my
files there.  I wanted to make sure someone from TDF had access to the
working files of the testing portal so they would have "open access" to
what we were doing.

So if there is someone that I, Drew, and Marc, would trust with full FTP
access to the LibreOffice-NA.US site files, I will give them access so
they could download the files and build their own copy of the DVD[s].

I could take the folders and make .zip files of each and then place them
online with a folder tree/map to show where the folders go.  Then people
could download those zipped archives and rebuild the folders on their
own drives and then burn their own DVD[s], or use it just from their
drives.  I have uploaded that type of zipped set before, but they have
not been updated since late March.  You can see what I did back then at
http://libreoffice-na.us/dvd-folder-archives.html

On 07/12/2011 08:54 AM, Tom Davies wrote:

> Hi :)
> I was wondering if Tim could leave instructions so that someone with faster
> upload could pull the things together and then add it to the normal downloads
> part of the TDF servers (although accessed from a different web-page
> obviously).  If his methods of work are anything like mine that would be almost
> impossible.
>
> Regards from
> Tom :)
>

> ________________________________

<snip>

I could take the folders and make .zip files of each and then place them
online with a folder tree/map to show where the folders go.  Then people
could download those zipped archives and rebuild the folders on their
own drives and then burn their own DVD[s], or use it just from their
drives.  I have uploaded that type of zipped set before, but they have
not been updated since late March.  You can see what I did back then at
http://libreoffice-na.us/dvd-folder-archives.html

<snip>

ooops, I gave the wrong URL

http://libreoffice-na.us/dvd-archives/dvd-folder-archives.html

krackedpress krackedpress

Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Has anyone used RapidShare for sharing ISO files?

Never use the "Terminal" for uploading or downloading files before
[except where the system did it for me].
I use Ubuntu 10.04LTS.

I will read that page and see about doing something like that.
I deleted the "project" I created on the Sourceforge account, so I would
have to create one again.

Will look into that and maybe ask them for some guiding help.
Thanks.  This may just work.

Tom Tom

Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Has anyone used RapidShare for sharing ISO files?

Hi :)
Rsync does have a gui called GRsync but i'm not sure the gui really covers all
the options, such as the ones you need.  RSync keeps permissions and stuff the
same whereas more basic copying methods sometimes make a bit of a mess of them
although i'm sure you manage to work-around that.

________________________________
Never use the "Terminal" for uploading or downloading files before [except where
the system did it for me].
I use Ubuntu 10.04LTS.

I will read that page and see about doing something like that.
I deleted the "project" I created on the Sourceforge account, so I would have to
create one again.

Will look into that and maybe ask them for some guiding help.
Thanks.  This may just work.

On 07/12/2011 09:00 AM, Stefano Fraccaro wrote:

> I upload all files with rsync   :-)
>
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Rsync%20over%20SSH
>

> Il 12/07/2011 14.54, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions ha scritto:
>>
>> I got an error about the file was greater than the 1.5 GB limit, when I tried
>>to upload it to an account I created there.
>>
>> Since you were able to upload a 3.7 GB of file size to your account, I would
>>really like to know how it was done.  The system would not let me do it.

-- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
In case of problems unsubscribing, write to [hidden email]

Zak McKracken Zak McKracken

Re: Re: Has anyone used RapidShare for sharing ISO files?

Am 10.07.2011, 15:49 Uhr, schrieb webmaster for Kracked Press Productions
<[hidden email]>:

> On 07/09/2011 07:12 PM, Zak McKracken wrote:
>> Am 09.07.2011, 20:40 Uhr, schrieb webmaster for Kracked Press
>> Productions <[hidden email]>:>
>>> My hosting company will not allow files larger than 700+ MB and the
>>> two DVD versions [3.3.3 and 3.4.1] of LibreOffice are over 3.4 GB in
>>> size.  The account has not issues of having 100 GB of executable files
>>> online but if I have any ISO files, then they say that I am a
>>> repository and it is not allowed.
>>
>> Hmm... what would happen if you put the ISOs into a zip container? :)
>>
> 3.7 GB as an ISO
> 3.4 GB as a zipped file.

I was refereing to the hosting company not liking iso files but having no
problem with executables. So maybe zip files are no problem either?
Or make them self-extracting archives, so you'll have executables ...
problem solved :)
If then it is possible to seed a torrent from that hosting machine, the
bandwidth problem also becomes a lot less of a problem.

  Zak

P.S.: Sorry for seemingly not knowing the rest of the thread ... gmane
gives me many of the posts a lot later than they are posted, and my own
ones sometimes take days to become visible ...

P.P.S.: Good luck with the distribution (and maintenance!) of the DVDs,
they seem like a pretty good idea!

On 07/12/2011 09:04 AM, Paulo de Souza Lima wrote:

> 2011/7/12 Simos Xenitellis<[hidden email]>
>
>> On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 9:40 PM, webmaster for Kracked Press
>> Productions<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> Has anyone used RapidShare for sharing ISO files?
>>>
>>> I was thinking that seems the only place that may allow these large files
>>> have a home for sharing.
>>>
>>> I want to have a place that could be a home for the LibreOffice DVD ISO
>>> files so they can be shared with others who can download and burn DVDs.
>>>
>> If you can get the files on the LibreOffice distribution servers, then
>> they are automatically replicated
>> around the world to the different LibreOffice mirrors.
>> I think this would be the straightforward solution.
>>
>> One thing you can do is provide a list of the files in the ISO, along
>> with filesize.
>> I am interested to see what exactly is inside the ISOs.
>> If you already created a Wiki page for this, please direct me to it.
>>
>>> My hosting company will not allow files larger than 700+ MB and the two
>> DVD
>>> versions [3.3.3 and 3.4.1] of LibreOffice are over 3.4 GB in size.  The
>>> account has not issues of having 100 GB of executable files online but if
>>> have any ISO files, then they say that I am a repository and it is not
>>> allowed.
>>>
>>> My email account[s] is limited to under 500 MB file size even though I
>> have
>>> one that has a 1 GB inbox/outbox size.  So I have problems with getting
>>> these files to anyone.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any suggestions on low-cost or free places to share
>> these
>>> LibreOffice ISO files?
>>>
>> Several web hosting providers offer 'unlimited bandwidth'. You can get
>> people to offer
>> part of this unlimited bandwidth (my webhosting offers me 'unlimited',
>> which I would love
>> to put it to use).
>>
>> I am new to this DVD ISO discussion and I do not know the details
>> (what is included in the ISO,
>> individual file sizes, etc), so please give as much details as possible.
>> If we can position this ISO as the official distribution files for offline
>> use,
>> then it's easy to get the on the libreoffice download servers, and
>> then they are mirrored for free around the world.
>>
>> Simos
>>

> Hi folks
>
> That's the problem I faced some weeks ago. I solved "my part" of it
> contracting a private server with unlimited storage and bandwidth, where I
> uploads ISO DVDs for brazilian community. And they will remain up there
> until those issues become solved at LibreOffice servers.
>
> I can give you a SFTP account, if you want.
>
> Cheers.

We can talk about that.  FTP is the only way I have experience with to
upload a DVD size file to a server.

Drew wants Marc and a few others involved with this decision.

Hopefully a decision will be made soon on what version of the NA-DVD
will be the first ISO to go online.

On 07/12/2011 04:10 PM, Zak McKracken wrote:

> Am 10.07.2011, 15:49 Uhr, schrieb webmaster for Kracked Press
> Productions <[hidden email]>:
>
>> On 07/09/2011 07:12 PM, Zak McKracken wrote:
>>> Am 09.07.2011, 20:40 Uhr, schrieb webmaster for Kracked Press
>>> Productions <[hidden email]>:>
>>>
>>> Hmm... what would happen if you put the ISOs into a zip container? :)
>>>
>> 3.7 GB as an ISO
>> 3.4 GB as a zipped file.
>

> I was refereing to the hosting company not liking iso files but having
> no problem with executables. So maybe zip files are no problem either?
> Or make them self-extracting archives, so you'll have executables ...
> problem solved :)
> If then it is possible to seed a torrent from that hosting machine,
> the bandwidth problem also becomes a lot less of a problem.
>
>  Zak
>
> P.S.: Sorry for seemingly not knowing the rest of the thread ... gmane
> gives me many of the posts a lot later than they are posted, and my
> own ones sometimes take days to become visible ...
>
> P.P.S.: Good luck with the distribution (and maintenance!) of the
> DVDs, they seem like a pretty good idea!

It does not matter what the file is, zip, exe, html, image.  My hosting
company will not allow DVD size files on their servers.  Every type of
upload I have to their servers either block the upload, or will just
show the file with a Zero file size.  They have some security scripts,
or something, in place to make sure you cannot have such a large file on
their servers.

Michelle Konzack Michelle Konzack

Re: Has anyone used RapidShare for sharing ISO files?

Hello webmaster for Kracked Press Productions,

> Does anyone have any suggestions on low-cost or free places to share
> these LibreOffice ISO files?

How much traffic do you expect per month?

I have a bunch of VServers and RootServers with a traffic of  more  then
30 TByte available and use only 4-8 of them.   Maybe we can make a deal?

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

itsystems@tdnet France            itsystems@tdnet
Owner Michelle Konzack            Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)             Gewerbe Straße 3
50, rue de Soultz                 77694 Kehl/Germany
67100 Strasbourg/France           Tel: +49-177-9351947  mobil
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil         Tel: +49-176-86004575 office

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber [hidden email]
ICQ    #328449886

Michelle Konzack Michelle Konzack

Re: Re: Has anyone used RapidShare for sharing ISO files?

Hello webmaster for Kracked Press Productions,

> 3.7 GB as an ISO
> 3.4 GB as a zipped file.

How do you get this size?

I create regulary Install-CD/DVD and they have ALWAYS onle the size
cunsumed never the physicaly maximum size of the medium.

On 07/13/2011 04:22 PM, Michelle Konzack wrote:

> Hello webmaster for Kracked Press Productions,
>
> Am 2011-07-10 09:49:11, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
>> 3.7 GB as an ISO
>> 3.4 GB as a zipped file.
> How do you get this size?
>
> I create regulary Install-CD/DVD and they have ALWAYS onle the size
> cunsumed never the physicaly maximum size of the medium.
>
> Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
>      Michelle Konzack

Well, I used K3b to make my ISO files.
I used ISO 9660 images.
I have tried several archive methods and software for the archive type
of file goes from 3.4 to 3.6 GB.

Physical Max of the medium?  DVD can be 4.7GB, according to what is
printed on the package of media.

The DVD has install files, extensions, dictionaries, templates, artwork
and other extras.  That is a lot of total file size.

go to LibreOffice-NA.US and choose 3.3.3 Windows-Linux-MacOS and see
what is in the DVD.

Tom Tom

Re: Re: Has anyone used RapidShare for sharing ISO files?

There is a LOT more than just the installer.  Stuff that really helps people be
up and running without spending ages searching around the internet for crucial
add-ons/extensions, language packs, dictionaries and so on.  There is a list of
the included stuff somewhere in the wiki.

________________________________
Hello webmaster for Kracked Press Productions,

> 3.7 GB as an ISO
> 3.4 GB as a zipped file.

How do you get this size?

I create regulary Install-CD/DVD and they have ALWAYS onle the size
cunsumed never the physicaly maximum size of the medium.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

itsystems@tdnet France            itsystems@tdnet
Owner Michelle Konzack            Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)             Gewerbe Straße 3
50, rue de Soultz                 77694 Kehl/Germany
67100 Strasbourg/France           Tel: +49-177-9351947  mobil
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil         Tel: +49-176-86004575 office

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber [hidden email]
ICQ    #328449886

krackedpress krackedpress

Re: Re: Has anyone used RapidShare for sharing ISO files?

Tom

The Wiki is not up-to-date

The LibreOffice-NA.US site will show you everything that is on the DVD
ISOs [except the CSS theme files]

I do have a Windows/DOS dir/s list of the DVD - it is 33 pages long,
since it included all the CSS theme files/data.

Tom Tom

Re: Re: Has anyone used RapidShare for sharing ISO files?

Hi :)
It might not always be up to the minute but it gives a good idea of the types of
things that have been considered.  It's very useful for people outside the
project or on the fringes of it.

________________________________
The LibreOffice-NA.US site will show you everything that is on the DVD
ISOs [except the CSS theme files]

I do have a Windows/DOS dir/s list of the DVD - it is 33 pages long,
since it included all the CSS theme files/data.

On 07/14/2011 05:35 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :)
> There is a LOT more than just the installer.  Stuff that really helps people
be
> up and running without spending ages searching around the internet for crucial
> add-ons/extensions, language packs, dictionaries and so on.  There is a list
of

> the included stuff somewhere in the wiki.
>
> Regards from
> Tom :)
>

> ________________________________

Tom Tom

Re: Re: Has anyone used RapidShare for sharing ISO files?

Errr, i am one of those on the outside or fringes of the project (obviously lol)

________________________________
The LibreOffice-NA.US site will show you everything that is on the DVD
ISOs [except the CSS theme files]

I do have a Windows/DOS dir/s list of the DVD - it is 33 pages long,
since it included all the CSS theme files/data.

On 07/14/2011 05:35 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :)
> There is a LOT more than just the installer.  Stuff that really helps people
be
> up and running without spending ages searching around the internet for crucial
> add-ons/extensions, language packs, dictionaries and so on.  There is a list
of

> the included stuff somewhere in the wiki.
>
> Regards from
> Tom :)

I have added a link on the Wiki page for the current DOS dir/s list of
the 3.3.3 DVD files.
This is a stop gap for the updating of that page.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Americas_LibreOffice_DVD

12 « Prev