Hello, I am Interested in Helping Libre Office

Eliter Awesomeness Eliter Awesomeness

Hello, I am Interested in Helping Libre Office

Hello,
 I am interested in helping Libre Office to be a better piece of software than it currently is. With the rise of Google and Microsoft switching from software providers to cloud providers rises my concern about privacy, and how little people will actually own in the future. Our government (United States for me) has button just sitting on her desk in which they are more easily able to take advantage of their vantage point, and I believe it is only a matter of time before the temptation pushes her to push it.
 I figured a nice introduction about myself would be great, so that we can get started working on this as a team. I live in Arizona, United States, my timezone is UTC-7 and does not change from daylight savings.
 I have experience in software development. I played Minecraft, and ComputerCraft got me interested in Lua. I then wrote a little HTML, which lead into checking out ASP (which Microsoft did not release for free at the time, screwing themselves over), leading me to play with PHP, leading to Linux. I then got into some Java programming to make plugins for Sponge API, a Minecraft server modding-ish platform.
 As you may tell, my English skills aren't that bad, so I think I would do well in documentation if needed.
 I have never actually finished any coding projects I have started, and never really have gotten anything past looking like a "test" project. I always see how my own code can be written better, and so sometimes I spend so much time between building a robust framework, being more processor and RAM efficient, and being security-conscientious, that sometimes I don't even get the job done because I'm still working on the more boring prerequisites to getting something to work.
 I have no formal education in literally any area in computers or networking, it's all from playing around and reading a few pages from books and examples.

I hope I can put some really useful work to this project,
Eli D.

slacka slacka

Re: Hello, I am Interested in Helping Libre Office

Thanks for your offer to  help with LibreOffice. Based on your experience you could help us with QA and documentation.

First, I would recommend you create an account in Bugzilla [1], where all bugs are reported and triaged.

Then, depending on your interests, you can either start helping with any of the tasks listed in the getInvolved page [2], or do manual tests using testlink [3]

You could also just want to do ad hoc testing, download the latest daily build for your platform from here [5] and install it.

You can find more information about the QA Team in our wiki page[6], and if you need any help doing QA, don't hesitate to contact the team via IRC [7], Telegram [8] or the mailing list [9].

[1] https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/

[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/GetInvolved

[3] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TestLink

[5] http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/