Help! Can't delete floating frame!

John Jason Jordan-2 John Jason Jordan-2

Help! Can't delete floating frame!

And the paper I'm working on is due tomorrow!

I wanted to add a picture (it's a .png file) so I selected Insert >
Floating Frame, gave it a name, and there it was. Then I added my .png
file to it, whereupon I realized that I needed to edit the .png file
first, plus the floating frame was in the wrong location. I have spent
the past hour trying to delete the floating frame, but can't figure out
how. It is completely grayed out and I can't figure out how to select
it.

Oh, this is LO Writer 5.1.6.2 on Ubuntu 16.04, all updates applied.

John Jason Jordan-2 John Jason Jordan-2

Re: Help! Can't delete floating frame!

On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 15:44:09 -0700
John Jason Jordan <[hidden email]> dijo:

>And the paper I'm working on is due tomorrow!
>
>I wanted to add a picture (it's a .png file) so I selected Insert >
>Floating Frame, gave it a name, and there it was. Then I added my .png
>file to it, whereupon I realized that I needed to edit the .png file
>first, plus the floating frame was in the wrong location. I have spent
>the past hour trying to delete the floating frame, but can't figure out
>how. It is completely grayed out and I can't figure out how to select
>it.

Never mind. I stumbled on the answer - you can only select it by
clicking precisely on the edge, and I mean *precisely*.

remygauthier remygauthier

Re: Help! Can't delete floating frame!

n the Drwing toolbar, there is a select tool (white arrow). Select that
and draw a selection area around your floating frame (click-drag). This
should select the frame; at that point, hit "Delete".

I hope this helps.

Rémy.
Le lundi 15 octobre 2018 à 15:44 -0700, John Jason Jordan a écrit :

> And the paper I'm working on is due tomorrow!
>
> I wanted to add a picture (it's a .png file) so I selected Insert >
> Floating Frame, gave it a name, and there it was. Then I added my .png
> file to it, whereupon I realized that I needed to edit the .png file
> first, plus the floating frame was in the wrong location. I have spent
> the past hour trying to delete the floating frame, but can't figure out
> how. It is completely grayed out and I can't figure out how to select
> it.
>
> Oh, this is LO Writer 5.1.6.2 on Ubuntu 16.04, all updates applied.

TomD TomD

Congrats!! Re: [libreoffice-users] Help! Can't delete floating frame!

Congrats!!  Nicely done! :)))

You don't need to add a floating frame, or any frame at all.  Just drag the
image onto the page and position it.  If you right-click on the image you
get choices such as;
* add border
* add caption
* anchor to paragraph or
* anchor to page
along with various "wrap" options to make the writing flow around the
image, or through the image, or give it a lot of space.

Sorry this is so late!
Good luck, congrats and regards from
a Tom :)