Help creating a locale xml file for Nigeria

speedbaron speedbaron

Help creating a locale xml file for Nigeria

Dear Madam/Sir.

LibreOffice Calc does not have the Nigeria Naira symbol.
I have been studying the Ghanaian XML file, en_GH.xml.
Line 54, " <LC_FORMATreplaceFrom="[CURRENCY]"replaceTo="[$₵-637]">",
seem to throw me off.
Where did the Unicode 637 come from?  How was it calculated? The
Ghanaian currency symbol is Unicode is µ+20B5.
The Nigerian format file will be almost similar to the Ghanaian one.

Regards,
Olisemeka Omo

Peter Maunder Peter Maunder

Re: Help creating a locale xml file for Nigeria

LibreOffice uses Unicode, which supports the Nigerian Naira sign.

Unicode U+20A6 is Nigerian Naira Sign  ₦

Unicode U+20B5 is Ghanaian Cedi   ₵

But the font you use needs to support the sign. For example the Liberation
Sans I am using. And your operating system setup also needs to support your
use of Unicode. You do not state your operating system and language
settings. If you can find the Ghanaian Cedi, you should also have access to
the Naira.

speedbaron speedbaron

Re: Help creating a locale xml file for Nigeria

I use both Windows 10 and Ubuntu Linux.

Yes, I do know that LibreOffice supports the Nigerian Naira Unicode.

The problem is in LibreOffice Calc, the Naira is not available in the
currency drop down list.

I am trying to create the XML file for Nigeria similar to Ghana's
en_GH.xml file.   Line 54 of the Ghanaian en_GH.xml file, has this
[$₵-637].  This does not match the Unicode for Ghana.

-Olisemeka Omo