Help file tag questions

jphilipz jphilipz

Help file tag questions

Hi All,

I'm working on more patches for the authoring tool and wanted to get
answers to the following questions.

1) Are the indexer and status attributes of the <topic> tag found in the
meta tag important to be set, as i would like to set them like so for
newly created help files ' indexer="include" status="PUBLISH"'?

2) Is the <history> tag found in the meta tag important to be preserved
as it is currently being deleted when saving?

--
Yousuf 'Jay' Philips

Jan Holesovsky-4 Jan Holesovsky-4

Re: Help file tag questions

Hi Jay,

Yousuf 'Jay' Philips píše v Čt 10. 09. 2015 v 21:24 +0400:

> I'm working on more patches for the authoring tool and wanted to get
> answers to the following questions.

The list of all attributes and tags that are stripped from the content
when packing the help is here:

xmlhelp/util/compact.xsl

["@" marks an attribute there]

Having said that, some of these are used during the process (like the
'indexer' mentioned below).

> 1) Are the indexer and status attributes of the <topic> tag found in the
> meta tag important to be set, as i would like to set them like so for
> newly created help files ' indexer="include" status="PUBLISH"'?

"indexer" defaults to include, no need to add it explicitly, you only
want to set indexer="exclude" for few pages maybe; I wouldn't add an
explicit indexer="include".

"status" is completely unused from what I can see.

> 2) Is the <history> tag found in the meta tag important to be preserved
> as it is currently being deleted when saving?

Completely unused, let's kill it, we have history in the git ;-)

All the best,
Kendy

jphilipz jphilipz

Re: Help file tag questions

On 09/10/2015 11:13 PM, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> Hi Jay,

Hi Kendy,

> Yousuf 'Jay' Philips píše v Čt 10. 09. 2015 v 21:24 +0400:
>
>> I'm working on more patches for the authoring tool and wanted to get
>> answers to the following questions.
>
> The list of all attributes and tags that are stripped from the content
> when packing the help is here:
>
> xmlhelp/util/compact.xsl

Couldn't find this file.

> ["@" marks an attribute there]
>
> Having said that, some of these are used during the process (like the
> 'indexer' mentioned below).
>
>> 1) Are the indexer and status attributes of the <topic> tag found in the
>> meta tag important to be set, as i would like to set them like so for
>> newly created help files ' indexer="include" status="PUBLISH"'?
>
> "indexer" defaults to include, no need to add it explicitly, you only
> want to set indexer="exclude" for few pages maybe; I wouldn't add an
> explicit indexer="include".
>
> "status" is completely unused from what I can see.

Okay.

>> 2) Is the <history> tag found in the meta tag important to be preserved
>> as it is currently being deleted when saving?
>
> Completely unused, let's kill it, we have history in the git ;-)

Okay i've added it here. -
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/HelpContent#Unused.2FIgnored_Tags_and_Attributes

> All the best,
> Kendy

Jay

Yousuf 'Jay' Philips píše v Pá 11. 09. 2015 v 02:49 +0400:

> > The list of all attributes and tags that are stripped from the content
> > when packing the help is here:
> >
> > xmlhelp/util/compact.xsl
>
> Couldn't find this file.

Sorry, it's in the 'core' repo: