Help please to delete an unwanted character.

Budge Budge

Help please to delete an unwanted character.

I have just started to try and learn about templates and I read that to
open the templates manager I should use Ctrl+Shift+E.

Well nothing happened but when I then opened writer for a new document
there was a lower case e underlined at the start of the letter.  I could
not delete it and what is even more strange is that this same underlined
lower case e appears in as the starting character in my To: field in
Thunderbird.

Clearly I have turned on something I do not understand but would
appreciate and suggestions.

Budge Budge

Re: Help please to delete an unwanted character.

On 05/12/2019 14:05, Budge wrote:

> I have just started to try and learn about templates and I read that to
> open the templates manager I should use Ctrl+Shift+E.
>
> Well nothing happened but when I then opened writer for a new document
> there was a lower case e underlined at the start of the letter.  I could
> not delete it and what is even more strange is that this same underlined
> lower case e appears in as the starting character in my To: field in
> Thunderbird.
>
> Clearly I have turned on something I do not understand but would
> appreciate and suggestions.

Please forgive my rush to print.  Had to re-boot and that seems to have fixed problem!