Help

M G M G

Help

Hi,
I have been using libre office for a while. All of a sudden I cannot open any files or Libre Office program. I also downloaded the most recent version but it did not help. Please provide any assistance you can. I looked up the open forum but I did not find anything useful.

Sincerely,

Mario

mhenriday mhenriday

Re: Help

> I have been using libre office for a while. All of a sudden I cannot open
> any files or Libre Office program. I also downloaded the most recent
> version but it did not help. Please provide any assistance you can. I
> looked up the open forum but I did not find anything useful.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Mario

​Mario, perhaps you could provide us with more details - for example, the
operating system used on the machine to which you downloaded the
LibreOffice​

​package, the language version of LibreOffice you have installed​, etc ? I
presume you are using a Windows machine ; did this problem occur after the
latest Windows updates were installed ? If you check under Programs and
Functions in the Windows Control Panel, do you see LibreOffice listed as
one of the installed programmes ?...

Henri

TomD TomD

Re: Help

Hi :)
Yes, are you using Windows?  Mac?  Something else?  If Windows then
which version of Windows; Vista, Win8, Xp, Win7?

Can you find how to uninstall LibreOffice and then try reinstalling
the new one?  Errr, i hope you did reboot after doing a reinstall?  If
not that is often enough to fix quite a few Windows problems.

On 12 February 2014 09:25, M Henri Day <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I have been using libre office for a while. All of a sudden I cannot open
>> any files or Libre Office program. I also downloaded the most recent
>> version but it did not help. Please provide any assistance you can. I
>> looked up the open forum but I did not find anything useful.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Mario
>>

> Mario, perhaps you could provide us with more details - for example, the
> operating system used on the machine to which you downloaded the
> LibreOffice
>
> package, the language version of LibreOffice you have installed, etc ? I
> presume you are using a Windows machine ; did this problem occur after the
> latest Windows updates were installed ? If you check under Programs and
> Functions in the Windows Control Panel, do you see LibreOffice listed as
> one of the installed programmes ?...
>
> Henri

TomD TomD

Re: Help

Hi :)
I got this message off-list.  It doesn't seem to have anything
controversial or confidential so i'm sending it back to the mailing
list.  Please use "Reply to all" rather than just "Reply".  If the
message goes to just 1 person they might not be around for a while and
no-one else can check the quality or accuracy of their/my answers.

So, it's Win7 having problems opening documents and the LibreOffice
program itself suddenly (as in it had worked previously).  A reinstall
of LibreOffice (well, an upgrade of LO) didn't fix the problem.  The
machine is being rebooted.

Could it be something weird in the User Profile for LO?  It seems VERY
unlikely to me.  The symptom of "sudden onset and worked fine
previously" usually suggests that to me but the result seems VERY
unlikely.  I'm hoping the reboot fixed it!

On 12 February 2014 14:02, M G <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tom,
> Thank you for your e-mail. I am running window 7. I will reinstall and
> reboot to see the problem
> will resolve.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Mario
>
>> Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 12:00:28 +0000
>> Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Help
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>> CC: [hidden email]
>>
>> Hi :)
>> Yes, are you using Windows? Mac? Something else? If Windows then
>> which version of Windows; Vista, Win8, Xp, Win7?
>>
>> Can you find how to uninstall LibreOffice and then try reinstalling
>> the new one? Errr, i hope you did reboot after doing a reinstall? If
>> not that is often enough to fix quite a few Windows problems.
>>
>> Regards from
>> Tom :)

>> > Mario, perhaps you could provide us with more details - for example, the
>> > operating system used on the machine to which you downloaded the
>> > LibreOffice
>> >
>> > package, the language version of LibreOffice you have installed, etc ? I
>> > presume you are using a Windows machine ; did this problem occur after
>> > the
>> > latest Windows updates were installed ? If you check under Programs and
>> > Functions in the Windows Control Panel, do you see LibreOffice listed as
>> > one of the installed programmes ?...
>> >
>> > Henri
>> >
>> > --
>> > All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
>> > deleted

Ruth Ann Ruth Ann

Re: Help

On 2/13/2014 4:04 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
> Tom,
> >Thank you for your e-mail. I am running window 7. I will reinstall and
> >reboot to see the problem
> >will resolve.
> >
> >Thank you.
> >
> >Mario
Hey Mario,
I have found that it is good practice to always reboot first and then do
the install.  You never know what stray bits of code are hanging around
in memory just waiting to muck things up during your install.
Ruth Ann,
Cincinnati, OH USA

--
*This e-mail is a natural product made from Recycled electrons.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual

Ruth Ann Stewart, Cincinnati, OH
dba Cameo Canine
www.CameoCanine.com