How can I add a new page?

eskroni eskroni

How can I add a new page?

Hi again,

I'm sorry, but I feel stupid at the moment. I'd like to translate an
existing page into German, but it looks, like I can't create a new
page.

I am registered and logged in and I confirmed my email address. I could
edit yesterday the tasks page, so I guess I should be able to add a new
page as well.

So am I missing something? Or is this maybe related to the error that
several other people reported earlier today?

I am using Chromium as my browser on a Mandriva Linux system, if this
is important.

Sigrid

epix epix

Re: How can I add a new page?

Hi Sigrid,

Am 12.10.2010 00:00, schrieb Sigrid Carrera:
> I'm sorry, but I feel stupid at the moment. I'd like to translate an
> existing page into German, but it looks, like I can't create a new
> page.
> I am registered and logged in and I confirmed my email address. I could
> edit yesterday the tasks page, so I guess I should be able to add a new
> page as well.
> So am I missing something? Or is this maybe related to the error that
> several other people reported earlier today?

In my case it helped to log on and off a few times, then it worked.

Regards
Erich

Nino Novak Nino Novak

Re: How can I add a new page?

On Tuesday 12 October 2010 00:09, Erich Christian wrote:

> Am 12.10.2010 00:00, schrieb Sigrid Carrera:

> > I am registered and logged in and I confirmed my email address. I
> > could edit yesterday the tasks page, so I guess I should be able to
> > add a new page as well.

I've had even worse problems: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Yesterday, after creating an account, confirming my e-mail address, and
logging in, I could not edit any page. After several logins/logouts I
was only able to add a comment on my own discussion page, while
editing/creating other pages still was prohibited. Then all of a
sudden, the discussion page was no more editable, whereas my Userpage
could be created finally. After creation, no more changes were
possible. Today, nothing goes.

> > So am I missing something? Or is this maybe related to the error
> > that several other people reported earlier today?
>
> In my case it helped to log on and off a few times, then it worked.

As it sometimes seems to go and then again stops working, I'd rather
suggest a caching problem. But - however - it's just an assumption.

Nino

Nino Novak Nino Novak

Re: How can I add a new page?

just to add for completion...

Overnight, even my User settings were changed ;-)

So it looks more like beta testing than a productive environment for me.

Please let us know, when the wiki will be usable :-)

Nino

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: How can I add a new page?

Nino Novak wrote on 2010-10-12 08.59:
> As it sometimes seems to go and then again stops working, I'd rather
> suggest a caching problem. But - however - it's just an assumption.

this is really strange, as I don't have any problem at all. :-( However,
the MediaWiki list also suggested it could be a caching problem, and
I'll look into it.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: How can I add a new page?

Hi Nino,

Nino Novak wrote on 2010-10-12 09.25:
> just to add for completion...
>
> Overnight, even my User settings were changed;-)
>
> So it looks more like beta testing than a productive environment for me.
>
> Please let us know, when the wiki will be usable:-)

this is *REALLY* strange. Can you let me know which settings have been
changed?

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880
Fax: +49 8341 99660889
Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Nino Novak Nino Novak

Re: How can I add a new page?

On Tuesday 12 October 2010 09:26, Florian Effenberger wrote:

> this is *REALLY* strange. Can you let me know which settings have
> been changed?

on the User profile tab, under E-mail options, I have activated the
first three entries (starting with E-mail me...) yesterday. Don't
remember how it has been by default.

Today, none of them was activated any more.

In addition, the setting "Disable rich editor" does not seem to have an
effect either. (As I'm on slow internet, it takes too long to load).

Nino

Per Eriksson Per Eriksson

Re: How can I add a new page?

  Florian Effenberger skrev 2010-10-12 09:26:

> Hi Nino,
>
> Nino Novak wrote on 2010-10-12 09.25:
>> just to add for completion...
>>
>> Overnight, even my User settings were changed;-)
>>
>> So it looks more like beta testing than a productive environment for me.
>>
>> Please let us know, when the wiki will be usable:-)
>
> this is *REALLY* strange. Can you let me know which settings have been
> changed?

Hmm, I have heard about this before. It sounds like something to do with
caching configuration. I will try to remember how it was solved once
when this happened myself.

Per

Nino Novak Nino Novak

Re: How can I add a new page?

On Tuesday 12 October 2010 09:44, Per Eriksson wrote:

> Hmm, I have heard about this before. It sounds like something to do
> with caching configuration. I will try to remember how it was solved
> once when this happened myself.

Could you try to disable any caching?

So we could see if there are additional issues with cookie path
settings. My feeling says, that the rich editor does some strange
things with cookies as I get 7 of them at once, all identical:

Name: tdf_wiki_session
Wert: 2gf3r59ph0ktkj5s4bsb939m85
Host: wiki.documentfoundation.org
Pfad: /
Sicher: Nein
G├╝ltig bis: Sitzungsende

Nino Novak wrote on 2010-10-12 09.59:
> Could you try to disable any caching?

just did so. Please let me know if it helps.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880
Fax: +49 8341 99660889
Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Nino Novak Nino Novak

Re: How can I add a new page?

On Tuesday 12 October 2010 12:23, Florian Effenberger wrote:

> Nino Novak wrote on 2010-10-12 09.59:
>
> > Could you try to disable any caching?
>
> just did so. Please let me know if it helps.

Seemed to help so far. Several successfull edits, and my User
Preferences are correct and I can change them without problems.

Sigrid? Others?

So enabling caching seems to make problems. I'm not an expert but I
think for the first year or so this does not matter as traffic/server
load will rise only gradually.

Nino