How many degrees of headlessness do we need?

How many degrees of headlessness do we need? – As far as I see, we have the following command-line options or other ways to avoid display of GUI elements: - The --quickstart switch. Starts ...
Hi tml, >On Linux (and other X11-using Unixes), --headless is tightly coupled to the 'vclplug' concept, as there used to be a 'headless' (ac...
Re: How many degrees of headlessness do we need? – > I our company, on Windows machines, it is used regularly to convert file > formats (xls to odf/pdf) without user interaction, without any...
Hi, Thank you Tor for starting this discussion; very interesting and necessary. I've been confused about these different modes for a while, in p...
Jens Tröger wrote: > I use LO for document analysis (not conversion), i.e. I need to load a > document and poke its styles and also extra...
> If you run LO on the Mac as a service with --headless and you open a doc > from a script with "Hidden=True", Oh. I guess t...
Re: How many degrees of headlessness do we need? [and LibreOffice crash] – Michael Stahl wrote: > actually now i tried it out and the crash was pretty trivially fixed > with commit d360477d8740f29e2c2bc5f7bbd667d...
OK, so after trying out the --invisible switch, I don't think it is that super-useful after all, if all it does is make the soffice process wait ...
On 03/30/2015 09:54 PM, Tor Lillqvist wrote: > OK, so after trying out the --invisible switch, I don't think it is that > super-useful after...
Is it in fact so that nowadays --quickstart does what --invisible is supposed to do? (Note that just starting soffice with the --quickstart opti...
On 03/31/2015 12:15 PM, Tor Lillqvist wrote: > Is it in fact so that nowadays --quickstart does what --invisible is > supposed to do? (Note ...
On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 02:43:56PM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote: > On 03/31/2015 12:15 PM, Tor Lillqvist wrote: > > Is it in fact so tha...
> > While --quickstart indeed visually behaves similar to --invisible, it > > also actually starts the quickstart service (where avai...
On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 05:03:38PM +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote: > > Sounds like --quickstart is more of a persistent server mode then? &g...
Popup dialogs (was How many degrees of headlessness do we need?) – On 30/03/2015 16:50, Jens Tröger wrote: > Hi, > > Thank you Tor for starting this discussion; very interesting and > necessary. I've ...
Il 29/03/2015 08:21, Tor Lillqvist ha scritto: > As far as I see, we have the following command-line options or other ways to > avoid displa...
On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 1:21 AM, Tor Lillqvist <tml@...> wrote: > On Windows and OS X, > --headless support is presumably broken to so...