How to NOT turn (c) into a symbol

12 « Prev
Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: How to NOT turn (c) into a symbol

Le 29/06/2016 à 19:57, Tom Davies a écrit :

The whole LO copyright symbol shortcut combo is irrelevant on OSX
because natively Alt+C will insert that symbol anywhere that accepts
text input.

Alex

Thomas Blasejewicz-3 Thomas Blasejewicz-3

On 2016/06/29 20:13, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:

> On 2016/06/28 18:46, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
>> Le 27/06/2016 à 18:57, Thomas Blasejewicz a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>>> This "(c)" comes from a Japanese style of numbering (lots of) tables
>>> and
>>> items in a manner like "3.(4).A.(c)-1".
>>> Don't ask me, whether that is good/right or whatever. It is just the
>>> way
>>> it is and therefore the way I am supposed to render it in the
>>> translation.
>>> I would like to think, that therre should be more elegant way ...
>>>

>> If there is, I would be interested too, because it is a PITA. Having to
>> translate from English to French with this in styles not of my making
>> and render the same back to a client can quickly become an exercise in
>> frustration ! ;-)
>>
>> Alex
Posting back (better late then never) as requested about the things I tried:
LibreOffice 5.1.2.2
Windows 10
Options -> Language -> User IF = English
*    Default language -> Western = English (USA)
             -> Asian = Default Japanese
             -> English (default) is NOT in my list

Tools -> Autocorrect options -> "Replace" by language:
All -> no entries
English -> (C) -> deleted -> no change
Default - Japanese -> deleted -> no change
German/Germany -> deleted -> no change
German/Austria -> no fitting entry*
German/Belgium -> no fitting entry
German/Lichtenstein -> no fitting entry
German/Luxembourg -> no fitting entry
German/Switzerland -> no fitting entry

*    "no fitting entry" means: there IS the item ".*(c)", but that is
NOT what I am typing.

So, deleting ALL instances of "(c)" I could find in all languages I use
(English, Japanese, German)
still does not change anything.
When I type "(c)" in a document with German as language setting, I
invariably get the copyright mark.

Do I have to delete the "related" items in all the other German variants
- which I NEVER use - too to make this work?
If this setting cannot be changed at all .. no offense, but that would
be really stupid.
Thomas

Piet van Oostrum-2 Piet van Oostrum-2

Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:

 > Tools -> Autocorrect options -> "Replace" by language:
 > All -> no entries
 > English -> (C) -> deleted -> no change
 > Default - Japanese -> deleted -> no change
 > German/Germany -> deleted -> no change
 > German/Austria -> no fitting entry*
 > German/Belgium -> no fitting entry
 > German/Lichtenstein -> no fitting entry
 > German/Luxembourg -> no fitting entry
 > German/Switzerland -> no fitting entry
 >
 > *    "no fitting entry" means: there IS the item ".*(c)", but that is
 > NOT what I am typing.

.*(c) looks like a regular expression. I don't know exactly what the interpretation of it is when doing autocorrection but I would suspect that these should also be deleted.
--
Piet van Oostrum <[hidden email]>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/

On 2016/07/06 15:45, Piet van Oostrum wrote:

> Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
>
>   > Tools -> Autocorrect options -> "Replace" by language:
>   > All -> no entries
>   > English -> (C) -> deleted -> no change
>   > Default - Japanese -> deleted -> no change
>   > German/Germany -> deleted -> no change
>   > German/Austria -> no fitting entry*
>   > German/Belgium -> no fitting entry
>   > German/Lichtenstein -> no fitting entry
>   > German/Luxembourg -> no fitting entry
>   > German/Switzerland -> no fitting entry
>   >
>   > *    "no fitting entry" means: there IS the item ".*(c)", but that is
>   > NOT what I am typing.
>
> .*(c) looks like a regular expression. I don't know exactly what the interpretation of it is when doing autocorrection but I would suspect that these should also be deleted.
Well, I deleted the .*(c) from ALL German variants too.
Now, there is NOWHERE  in the languages I use (English, Japanese,
German) any such entry as (c),
but LO is still throwing the copyright mark at me.

This cannot be right.
Thomas

toki toki

On 08/07/2016 00:18, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:

> but LO is still throwing the copyright mark at me.

Try ">Tools >AutoCorrect >Word Completion >English (US)".
Then delete everything in that list, and turn word completion off.

You probably will have to repeat that for every language that you have
collected words on.

There was at least one more list of words that OOo used for corrections,
but I don't remember where it was located, or how to turn it off.  Nor
do I remember if that word list migrated into LibO. (List # 3, and that
isn't a miscount.)

jonathon

12 « Prev