How to change dialog box font size?

Edwar Cifuentes Edwar Cifuentes

How to change dialog box font size?

Hi again.

First, I'm on Mint OS with xfce desktop, and I have LO 4 though this
problem also happens with LO 5. The theme in the settings is "Default
(Human)" and is the only one available.

I'm trying to make the LO application interface font bigger.

I changed my OS settings but this only affects the LO menus. The dialog
boxes and other things like the status bar still have very small font.

I cannot use the User Interface scaling option because, since my menus
are already bigger, after I have increased the scaling, the menus become
Huge.

If I go the other way around, decreasing my OS font size, then I cannot
read the text on other applications different from LO.

So what I need is either find a way to increase the dialogs' font sizes
without increasing my Menus' font sizes, or find a way to decrease my
Menus' font sizes without decreasing my OS font sizes.

Thank you.

Edwar Cifuentes Edwar Cifuentes

Re: How to change dialog box font size?

I found something interesting but it doesn't solve the problem:

I can use Options > Libreoffice > Fonts > and use Replacement table to
replace my OS font by another font.
This works after I check "Use system font for user interface" in View
options but I don't know how to use this Replacement table to also
specify the size of the font that replaces the default font.

Example: since my default OS font is Droid Sans, I put "Droid Sans" in
the Font field and "Liberation Sans" in the Replace With field and this
replaces my OS font with the Liberation Sans font, but it's still very
small. If I type "Liberation Sans 20" in the Replace With field instead
(20 is my desired font size) it doesn't work, e.g. the default OS font
doesn't change.

Maybe I'm not using the right syntax here.
Does anyone know how to specify the font size in the replacement table?

Nino Nino

Am 11.06.2016 um 03:20 schrieb Edwar Cifuentes:

> Maybe I'm not using the right syntax here.
> Does anyone know how to specify the font size in the replacement table?

did you try Tools->Options->LibreOffice->View and change the scaling of the UI?

Nino

Edwar Cifuentes Edwar Cifuentes

Re: How to change dialog box font size?

Like I said in the OP I cannot use font scaling because my menu fonts
are already bigger. If I increase the font scaling then my menu fonts
become enormous

Nino wrote:
 > did you try Tools->Options->LibreOffice->View and change the scaling
 > of the UI?

Bruce Hohl Bruce Hohl

Re: How to change dialog box font size?

You could download Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Xfce, install to USB as bootable,
start your PC with this Live CD.  Then open LO to see if the default
setting are OK for you.  If so you could look for the difference in
settings or just reinstall.  On my 2 (default) installs of LM 17.3 Rosa
Xfce I don't have the small fonts issue ... and I hate small fonts!

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 7:00 AM, Edwar Cifuentes <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Like I said in the OP I cannot use font scaling because my menu fonts are
> already bigger. If I increase the font scaling then my menu fonts become
> enormous
>
> Nino wrote:
> > did you try Tools->Options->LibreOffice->View and change the scaling >
> of the UI?

Edwar Cifuentes Edwar Cifuentes

Re: How to change dialog box font size?

Hi Bruce.
Mint 17.3 comes with Libreoffice 5. I've also got an Ubuntu 16 install
and it also came with LO 5, but it has the same problem.
Can you change both the Menus and Dialog boxes font sizes in your Mint
17.3 installs without using scaling? or, can you change the size of the
Dialog boxes fonts only?

Bruce wrote:
You could download Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Xfce, install to USB as
bootable, start your PC with this Live CD.  Then open LO to see if the
default setting are OK for you.  If so you could look for the difference
in settings or just reinstall.  On my 2 (default) installs of LM 17.3 Rosa.
Xfce I don't have the small fonts issue ... and I hate small fonts!

Bruce Hohl Bruce Hohl

Re: How to change dialog box font size?

Edwar,
I have only used the LO Scaling feature to increase (on high resolution
monitors) or decrease (on low resolution monitors) the font size for the
menus.  I then use the View > Zoom feature for the main worksheet or text
document.  Otherwise the existing defaults were always readable.

Bruce wrote:
"Edwar, I have only used the LO Scaling feature to increase (on high
resolution monitors) or decrease (on low resolution monitors) the font
size for the menus."

Do you mean it only changes the menu font sizes for you? Are you sure it
doesn't also change the dialog boxes fonts? (like the options dialog)

"I then use the View > Zoom feature for the main worksheet or text
document.  Otherwise the existing defaults were always readable."

Yeah, the document text itself can easily be enlarged, and the default
style can be changed to be as large as one wants so that zooming isn't
needed.
But unfortunately the default size for dialogs, the status bar and
everything else apart from document text and menus is unreadable for me.

I haven't found a solution for this yet