How to display text using a research function

valcoteau valcoteau

How to display text using a research function

Hello,

I have two columns A and B

Column A contains emails and column B is empty

I wish that each time in column A is detected certain words like 'trans', 'sped' ... can be directly displayed in column B on the same line the word 'transportation and Logistics'.

I don't know which function to use

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards
robert leleu-2 robert leleu-2

Re: How to display text using a research function

in french :
CHERCHE("trans";A2)
give the position of "trans" in cell A2

Je la 13/06/2016 13:07, valcoteau skribis :

Piet van Oostrum-2 Piet van Oostrum-2

valcoteau wrote:

 > Hello,
 >
 > I have two columns A and B
 >
 > Column A contains emails and column B is empty
 >
 > I wish that each time in column A is detected certain words like 'trans',
 > 'sped' ... can be directly displayed in column B on the same line the word
 > 'transportation and Logistics'.
 >
 > I don't know which function to use
 >
 > Thanks in advance for your help
 >
 > Regards

Something like this (in B1 and copying down):

=IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("trans";A1));ISNUMBER(SEARCH("sped";A1)));"Transportation and Logistics";"")
--
Piet van Oostrum <[hidden email]>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/

valcoteau valcoteau

Re: How to display text using a research function

Hello

Thanks a lot it's perfect

:)