How to export the bibliography DB to Zotero?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Fabián Rodríguez-3 Fabián Rodríguez-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to export the bibliography DB to Zotero?


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi

I have a database of ~3000 entries that I would like to export to Zotero.

What would be the recommended way of doing this? I can't seem to find
such information in Zotero forums. I thought I'd ask here as I know my
way around LibreOffice better than Zotero.

This seems like a similar problem although it describes importing from
the bibliography *text*, not the OOo/LibO database:
http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/importing_formatted_bibliographies

At ~3000 entries, it's impractical to create a new document with *all*
entries, not to mention (most possible) data missing when reimporting that.

A friend mentioned using RDF as an intermediary format, or .bib, but
again I would have to have a document with all my references (this
doesn't import all refs from the database AFAIK):
http://www.estm.co.uk/blog/software/export-openoffice-writer-bibliography-to-zotero.html

Any information on how to do this would be appreciated.

Cheers,

- --
Fabian Rodriguez
http://libreoffice.magicfab.ca


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: PGP/Mime available upon request
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iEYEARECAAYFAk/oZMEACgkQfUcTXFrypNWEuQCgrL022tx7XFscrdA57X2hkGdz
xmUAoLbbrGGWpye5DGAbmFISVb0bfxdD
=vRkP
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

nabbler nabbler
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to export the bibliography DB to Zotero?

On 25/06/2012, Fabian Rodriguez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Hi
>
> I have a database of ~3000 entries that I would like to export to Zotero.
>

Is this an OO bibliography?

> What would be the recommended way of doing this? I can't seem to find
> such information in Zotero forums. I thought I'd ask here as I know my
> way around LibreOffice better than Zotero.
>

Have you tried jabref, to import from OO to jabref and then export
from jabref to zotero?

> This seems like a similar problem although it describes importing from
> the bibliography *text*, not the OOo/LibO database:
> http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/importing_formatted_bibliographies
>
> At ~3000 entries, it's impractical to create a new document with *all*
> entries, not to mention (most possible) data missing when reimporting that.
>
> A friend mentioned using RDF as an intermediary format, or .bib, but
> again I would have to have a document with all my references (this
> doesn't import all refs from the database AFAIK):
> http://www.estm.co.uk/blog/software/export-openoffice-writer-bibliography-to-zotero.html
>

You should re-consider using LO; LaTeX is _far_ superior.

--
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted