How to format fields?

Oszkó Albert Oszkó Albert

How to format fields?

Hi all,

I have quite a few certificates containing several data. I inserted them
as fields (name, birth date etc.) There should also be the number of the
certificate, which I formatted as follows: "aB-"0#"/2019". I expected
that aB-01/2019 will appear on the first document but only figures 1,2
etc. appeared. What's gone wrong? In the past years I used the same
formatting (with the then existing version of LO) and it worked.

Thanks for the help

Albert

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

Re: How to format fields?

What component of LO have you been using to do this? (Writer [mail
merge], Calc, Base) More specifics would be nice in terms of the step
you took to create the documents.

Dan

On 5/17/19 4:32 AM, Oszkó Albert wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have quite a few certificates containing several data. I inserted
> them as fields (name, birth date etc.) There should also be the number
> of the certificate, which I formatted as follows: "aB-"0#"/2019". I
> expected that aB-01/2019 will appear on the first document but only
> figures 1,2 etc. appeared. What's gone wrong? In the past years I used
> the same formatting (with the then existing version of LO) and it worked.
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> Albert

Oszkó Albert Oszkó Albert

Re: How to format fields?

Sorry for the late answer. I use a Calc table as database and the
document is written in Writer. I try to use mail merge to fill fields
with data from the Calc table.