How to launch LibreOffice from source

LOH KOK HOE LOH KOK HOE

How to launch LibreOffice from source

Dear all,
I have the source code downloaded, compiled and build successfully. But I'm running out of clue how could I launch LibreOffice from the source after the build? Any clue on this?

Thanks @!

Noel Grandin-2 Noel Grandin-2

Re: How to launch LibreOffice from source

the autogen.sh normally prints out instructions at the end of it's run

I think it's something like
   ./instdir/bin/soffice.bin
Stefan Weiberg Stefan Weiberg

Re: How to launch LibreOffice from source

Efe Gürkan YALAMAN Efe Gürkan YALAMAN

How to launch LibreOffice from source

Go to your build folder then instdir then program and find file called soffice.

For me i can start like ./libreoffice/instdir/soffice on linux terminal .  Also there should be something on the build page of wiki

On 3 Sep 2014 15:18, "LOH KOK HOE" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,
I have the source code downloaded, compiled and build successfully. But I'm running out of clue how could I launch LibreOffice from the source after the build? Any clue on this?

Thanks @!

LOH KOK HOE LOH KOK HOE

Re: How to launch LibreOffice from source

Thanks for your response. I did a quick search on soffice and it shows me following output:

kokhoe@KOKHOE:~/workspace/LibreOffice/core$ find . -name "soffice"
./workdir/unxlngx6.pro/CustomTarget/desktop/soffice
./solver/unxlngx6.pro/bin/soffice
./solver/unxlngx6.pro/installation/opt/program/soffice

Among the entry, only the last entry is working. BTW, I got information mention that solver directory has been obsolete and it has been change to instdir/program. Do you guys aware of this news?

THanks @!

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 9:23 PM, Efe Gürkan YALAMAN <[hidden email]> wrote:

Go to your build folder then instdir then program and find file called soffice.

For me i can start like ./libreoffice/instdir/soffice on linux terminal .  Also there should be something on the build page of wiki

On 3 Sep 2014 15:18, "LOH KOK HOE" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,
I have the source code downloaded, compiled and build successfully. But I'm running out of clue how could I launch LibreOffice from the source after the build? Any clue on this?

Thanks @!

Christian Lohmaier-3 Christian Lohmaier-3

Re: How to launch LibreOffice from source

Hi *,

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 4:21 PM, LOH KOK HOE <[hidden email]> wrote:

> kokhoe@KOKHOE:~/workspace/LibreOffice/core$ find . -name "soffice"
> ./workdir/unxlngx6.pro/CustomTarget/desktop/soffice
> ./solver/unxlngx6.pro/bin/soffice
> ./solver/unxlngx6.pro/installation/opt/program/soffice
>
> Among the entry, only the last entry is working. BTW, I got information
> mention that solver directory has been obsolete and it has been change to
> instdir/program. Do you guys aware of this news?

That is not "news" - you're building an ancient version.... So the big question is: Why not building a current codebase?

Ciao
Christian

sberg sberg

On 09/03/2014 03:21 PM, Noel Grandin wrote:
> the autogen.sh normally prints out instructions at the end of it's run
>
> I think it's something like
>     ./instdir/bin/soffice.bin

Always run the instdir/program/soffice wrapper script, never run the
instdir/program/soffice.bin executable directly.

Stephan
LOH KOK HOE LOH KOK HOE

Re: How to launch LibreOffice from source

Dear Christian,
Thanks for the information, I have successfully made the build.

THanks @!