How to navigate the Wiki?

eskroni eskroni

How to navigate the Wiki?

Hi,

first, I hope I am at the right place here, if not, just tell me and I
will resend my question to the appropriate list.

So, here comes my question:

Can someone explain to me, how I can navigate the wiki? I don't think,
that I'm illiterate when it comes to browsing the web, but I can't find
anything in the wiki. The only thing I regular get is the main site
(no surprise!). Other content, like the tasks or the documentation page
I can only access, when I have the direct link from the email that was
sent to the list. I can't find the tasks page from the main site.

So, am I doing something wrong? If so, how can I get to this page
without the direct link? Any help is appreciated.

Btw, I have to point out, that I find the OOowiki also very difficult
to navigate and find pages mostly by "accident". ;)

Sigrid

Per Eriksson Per Eriksson

Re: How to navigate the Wiki?

  Hi Sigrid,

Sigrid Carrera skrev 2010-10-11 21:45:

> Hi,
>
> first, I hope I am at the right place here, if not, just tell me and I
> will resend my question to the appropriate list.
>
> So, here comes my question:
>
> Can someone explain to me, how I can navigate the wiki? I don't think,
> that I'm illiterate when it comes to browsing the web, but I can't find
> anything in the wiki. The only thing I regular get is the main site
> (no surprise!). Other content, like the tasks or the documentation page
> I can only access, when I have the direct link from the email that was
> sent to the list. I can't find the tasks page from the main site.
>
> So, am I doing something wrong? If so, how can I get to this page
> without the direct link? Any help is appreciated.
>
> Btw, I have to point out, that I find the OOowiki also very difficult
> to navigate and find pages mostly by "accident". ;)

Thank you for your questions!

While the wiki was just made available, have some patience and the wiki
will provide a lot more of content soon!

Best Regards

Per

Andy Brown Andy Brown

Re: How to navigate the Wiki?

On Mon Oct 11 2010 12:45:46 GMT-0700 (PDT)  Sigrid Carrera wrote:

> Hi,
>
> first, I hope I am at the right place here, if not, just tell me and I
> will resend my question to the appropriate list.
>
> So, here comes my question:
>
> Can someone explain to me, how I can navigate the wiki? I don't think,
> that I'm illiterate when it comes to browsing the web, but I can't find
> anything in the wiki. The only thing I regular get is the main site
> (no surprise!). Other content, like the tasks or the documentation page
> I can only access, when I have the direct link from the email that was
> sent to the list. I can't find the tasks page from the main site.
>
> So, am I doing something wrong? If so, how can I get to this page
> without the direct link? Any help is appreciated.
>
> Btw, I have to point out, that I find the OOowiki also very difficult
> to navigate and find pages mostly by "accident". ;)
>

> Sigrid

Sigrid,

Do you see the link on the Main page under the Documentation heading?
It says "Task List and Wish List for LibO documentation".  If not try
reloading the page.

HTH

sophi sophi

Re: How to navigate the Wiki?

Hi Sigrid,

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Andy Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Mon Oct 11 2010 12:45:46 GMT-0700 (PDT)  Sigrid Carrera wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> first, I hope I am at the right place here, if not, just tell me and I
>> will resend my question to the appropriate list.

Great to have you here :)

>> So, here comes my question:
>> Can someone explain to me, how I can navigate the wiki?

As you may see by other answers, every thing has still to be build.
What I do currently is to browse by Recent change pages. Well not
really readable, but at least you're aware of what happened ;-)

Kind regards
Sophie

Nino Novak Nino Novak

Re: How to navigate the Wiki?

On Monday 11 October 2010 21:45, Sigrid Carrera wrote:

> Can someone explain to me, how I can navigate the wiki?

As the wiki is still quite empty, you can just call Special:AllPages
from the search field  (or following the menu: "Special pages" is found
in the Toolbox menu at left, then "All pages" is listed under the "List
of pages" heading)

So you find all existing pages at one glance :)

Nino

epix epix

Re: How to navigate the Wiki?

Hi Sigrid, welcome  :-)

Am 11.10.2010 21:45, schrieb Sigrid Carrera:
> first, I hope I am at the right place here,

definitely looks like it  ;-)

> Can someone explain to me, how I can navigate the wiki? I don't think,
> that I'm illiterate when it comes to browsing the web, but I can't find
> anything in the wiki. The only thing I regular get is the main site
> (no surprise!). Other content, like the tasks or the documentation page
> I can only access, when I have the direct link from the email that was
> sent to the list. I can't find the tasks page from the main site.
>
> So, am I doing something wrong? If so, how can I get to this page
> without the direct link? Any help is appreciated.

Andy gave the hint for the docu already and I kicked off the DE
department here http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Category:DE
please don't mind the lack of content, maybe you got some more?

Kind of a main navi will come up these days, Per and Bejamin have plans
and are up to do some things.

Cheers
Erich

eskroni eskroni

Re: How to navigate the Wiki?

Hi Nino,

Am Mon, 11 Oct 2010 22:29:39 +0200
schrieb Nino Novak <[hidden email]>:

> On Monday 11 October 2010 21:45, Sigrid Carrera wrote:
>
> > Can someone explain to me, how I can navigate the wiki?
>
> As the wiki is still quite empty, you can just call Special:AllPages
> from the search field  (or following the menu: "Special pages" is
> found in the Toolbox menu at left, then "All pages" is listed under
> the "List of pages" heading)
>
> So you find all existing pages at one glance :)

Thanks for this great tip. ;)
Indeed, the wiki is still quite empty, but I hope I can help to
populate it a bit more.

Sigrid

eskroni eskroni

Re: How to navigate the Wiki?

Hi Sophie,

Am Mon, 11 Oct 2010 22:03:07 +0200
schrieb Sophie Gautier <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Sigrid,
>
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Andy Brown
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Mon Oct 11 2010 12:45:46 GMT-0700 (PDT)  Sigrid Carrera wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >> first, I hope I am at the right place here, if not, just tell me
> >> and I will resend my question to the appropriate list.
>
> Great to have you here :)

Thanks. ;)

> >> So, here comes my question:
> >> Can someone explain to me, how I can navigate the wiki?
>
> As you may see by other answers, every thing has still to be build.
> What I do currently is to browse by Recent change pages. Well not
> really readable, but at least you're aware of what happened ;-)

I don't want to rush anyone into anything or even cause someone (Per?)
to work overtime. I will be patient until someone says: "It's done". I
just thought I bring issues up when I see them, because they are easier
to fix in the beginning. ;)

That's a good tip too. :) I'll try it as well.

Sigrid

eskroni eskroni

Re: How to navigate the Wiki?

Hi Per,

Am Mon, 11 Oct 2010 21:54:31 +0200
schrieb Per Eriksson <[hidden email]>:

>   Hi Sigrid,
>
> Sigrid Carrera skrev 2010-10-11 21:45:
> > Hi,
> >
> > first, I hope I am at the right place here, if not, just tell me
> > and I will resend my question to the appropriate list.
> >
> > So, here comes my question:
> >
> > Can someone explain to me, how I can navigate the wiki? I don't
> > think, that I'm illiterate when it comes to browsing the web, but I
> > can't find anything in the wiki. The only thing I regular get is
> > the main site (no surprise!). Other content, like the tasks or the
> > documentation page I can only access, when I have the direct link
> > from the email that was sent to the list. I can't find the tasks
> > page from the main site.
> >
> > So, am I doing something wrong? If so, how can I get to this page
> > without the direct link? Any help is appreciated.
> >
> > Btw, I have to point out, that I find the OOowiki also very
> > difficult to navigate and find pages mostly by "accident". ;)
>
> Thank you for your questions!
>
> While the wiki was just made available, have some patience and the
> wiki will provide a lot more of content soon!

Thanks for your response. I will be patient, no worries. But I would
also like to help translating some content. So I'll try those other
suggestions I received for browsing through the wiki.

Sigrid

Andy Brown Andy Brown

Re: How to navigate the Wiki?

On Mon Oct 11 2010 13:38:16 GMT-0700 (PDT)  Erich Christian wrote:

> Andy gave the hint for the docu already and I kicked off the DE
> department here http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Category:DE
> please don't mind the lack of content, maybe you got some more?
>
> Kind of a main navi will come up these days, Per and Bejamin have plans
> and are up to do some things.
>
> Cheers
> Erich

I gave the idea for the document section as that was ask directly, but I
find the best answer came from Nino.  I tried those instructions and
that is what I will be using for non-direct links in the future.

Andy

epix epix

Re: How to navigate the Wiki?

Hi Andy,

Am 11.10.2010 22:53, schrieb Andy Brown:
> On Mon Oct 11 2010 13:38:16 GMT-0700 (PDT)  Erich Christian wrote:
>> Andy gave the hint for the docu already...
> I gave the idea for the document section as that was ask directly, but I
> find the best answer came from Nino.  I tried those instructions and
> that is what I will be using for non-direct links in the future.

Agreed, sometimes it's really a challege for me keeping pace with the
msgs arriving while I'm typing/reading others...   ;-)
not to mention the 'rest' like talking on the phone, working, etc.

Erich