How to prevent Impress from changing font size?

Malcolm Jaros Malcolm Jaros

How to prevent Impress from changing font size?

Using Impress Version: 6.0.7.3 in Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, when I add to text in a slide the font size automatically reduces to keep the text within the text box.
Can I prevent this auto resizing of the font?
If so, how do I do this?
Regards, MalJaros

Robert Funnell Robert Funnell

Re: How to prevent Impress from changing font size?

On Sun, 26 May 2019, Malcolm Jaros wrote:

> Using Impress Version: 6.0.7.3 in Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, when I add to text in a slide the font size automatically reduces to keep the text within the text box.
> Can I prevent this auto resizing of the font?
> If so, how do I do this?

Right-click on the frame and select 'Position and Size' from the
pop-up menu. Then check the 'Fit height to text' box.
(This is based on an old posting that I found by searching:
https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/msg07211.html)

I'm confused by how this is related to enabling the Text toolbar (View
> Toolbars > Text) and using the option 'Fit text in textbox size'.

- Robert

Regina Henschel Regina Henschel

Re: How to prevent Impress from changing font size?

Hi Malcolm

Malcolm Jaros schrieb am 26-May-19 um 11:31:
> Using Impress Version: 6.0.7.3 in Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, when I add to text in a slide the font size automatically reduces to keep the text within the text box.
> Can I prevent this auto resizing of the font?
> If so, how do I do this?
> Regards, MalJaros

In Impress it is likely the new option "Autofit Text". For the
presentation objects it on as default. You can switch it off in the
context menu of the object.

Kind regards
Regina