How to run multiple instances of Writer simultaneously?

How to run multiple instances of Writer simultaneously? – Hello, This email question is a repeat of one that I posted in the forums, but can’t seem to get attention: https://forum.openoffice.org/en/...
Hi, On 10/19/2017 1:01 AM, Jens Tröger wrote: > It seems to me that spawning multiple Writer instances as individual processes (using Pytho...
Hi Mike, That would be a good answer to have, because finding documentation on this topic is tricky. Here is how I currently handle this in Pytho...
On 19 October 2017 at 15:05, Jens Tröger <jens.troeger@...> wrote: > The termination of the process p seems to destroy the other running ...
Thanks Matthew! That’s close to what I’m using. However, would you mind sharing your “close document” code, as well as shutting down the soffice ...
On 19/10/2017 17:09, Jens Tröger wrote: > Thanks Matthew! > > That’s close to what I’m using. However, would you mind sharing your “clos...
Thank you everybody for your feedback, that was very helpful. Here’s my current working implementation: - Spawn the soffice process which will fu...
On 20/10/2017 10:04, Jens Tröger wrote: > Also, I have performance concerns for this approach: loading and running through just two documents ...
Thanks Matthew, What I need is "bulk processing" of documents. I currently run LO in headless mode and open the documents in read-only ...
Hi again :) Just wanted to follow up on this thread. Running multiple Writers in the same (single) soffice.bin process seems to incur noticeable ...
> I'm curious: it sounded as if multi-threading within a single soffice.bin > process is an issue. Any more details on that? > What ...
Boy... really? All of the office code is a single thread? On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 07:20:06AM +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote: > I'm curious:...
On 23 October 2017 at 11:31, Jens Tröger <jens.troeger@...> wrote: > Boy... really? All of the office code is a single thread? >...
Wow, I'm a bit surprised to read that :-) I guess in the light of that, multiple processes are the way to go as per my email earlier today... Sur...
On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 12:34:45PM +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote: > the LO/AOO community > > What is that? > --tml LO, Libre...
Hello again, Just wanted to mention that I also added the --nologo command line option when spawning a new soffice process. I assumed it's impli...
Muti-threading is hard. It is naïve to think that "I know, I will use threads" is the correct answer to a perceived performance issue. ...
On 10/23/2017 06:20 AM, Tor Lillqvist wrote [in a way removing author information from what he quoted]: > > I'm curious: it sounded as...
On 19 October 2017 at 16:26, Matthew Francis <mjay.francis@...> wrote: > Some sample code appended below - this is hacked out from a prev...
> This creates a new office process Are you sure it does? If you already have a soffice.bin running, does this indeed start a new one, or...
On 10/19/2017 10:05 AM, Jens Tröger wrote: > Hi Mike, > > That would be a good answer to have, because finding documentation on this ...
Hi, On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 08:01:05AM +1000, Jens Tröger wrote: > Hello, > > This email question is a repeat of one that I posted in t...
Thank you David! Yes, I generate different pipe names for each soffice instance; however, for performance reasons I did _not_ use different -env:...
You are using confusing terminology. "Spawn" is usually used in a software context to mean starting a new process running another progr...
Thank you Tor for the clarification. What I want to achieve is to use the Python UNO bridge to access multiple Writer documents at the same time....