How to update external module?

Paul Menzel Paul Menzel

How to update external module?

Dear LibreOffice folks,

As the external modules seem to be stored on LibreOffice servers [1], how
should those be updated? Do I just update the version in `download.lst`, and
the rest is done automatically?

The motivation for the question is, that I’d like to update libatomic_ops
from 7.2d to 7.6.4 [2], as that has the fixes for the Power architecture.

Kind regards,

Paul

[1]: https://dev-www.libreoffice.org/src/
[2]: https://github.com/ivmai/libatomic_ops/releases

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment
Michael Stahl-3 Michael Stahl-3

Re: How to update external module?

On 18.06.2018 18:53, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear LibreOffice folks,
>
> As the external modules seem to be stored on LibreOffice servers [1], how
> should those be updated? Do I just update the version in `download.lst`, and
> the rest is done automatically?

hi Paul,

that is step 1: create a patch for core.git repo.

then you would typically jump onto IRC #libreoffice-dev and ask for
somebody to copy the tar-file to the TDF server.

then step 3 is upload your patch to gerrit, with the new tarball on the
server the Jenkins should be able to build it fine with any luck.