How to use parameters when opening a Database

Noel Noel

How to use parameters when opening a Database

Hi,

I have an accounting system, AcctsSyst.odb, which I want to use for three
different databases.  Currently I have three Windows Shortcuts on my
desktop, each calling a different .odb.  The .odbs are simply copies of
AcctsSyst.odb, with a different database name hard coded into the
appropriate Basic macro.

I want to use AcctsSyst.odb for all three, and to indicate which database
to open using a parameter in the Windows Shortcut's Target field.
e.g.  "D:\LibreOffice\Databases\AcctsSyst.odb"  --IndiAccts.

Is this possible?  If so, how do I access the parameter, 'IndiAccts', from
the Basic macro that opens the database.  Some sample code would be a great
help.

Noel Lodge